[NL2-NL10] AK all in preflop?

• fakedPS
      fakedPS
      Bronze
      I keep getting beaten like 80+% of the times, when shoving AK preflop. The question is- is this the right play?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $1,45
      CO:
      $2
      Hero:
      $1,22

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:heart: , K:spade:
      CO calls $0,02, Hero raises to $0,08, SB folds, BB raises to $0,14, CO calls $0,12, Hero raises to $0,40, BB raises to $1,45 (All-In), CO folds, Hero calls $0,82 (All-In).

Flop: ($2,82) 9:diamond: , 4:club: , 2:heart:
      Turn: ($2,82) 2:club:
      River: ($2,82) 6:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $2,82

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Ah Ks)
      BB shows two-pair, jacks and deuces (Jh Js)

BB wins with two-pair, jacks and deuces (Jh Js)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello fakedPS,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Add to full stack if you playing BSS. :)

Usually with AK you at the best are flipping anyways here. So do you want to take the flip? If so then sure, going for the stacks is of course fine. But another possibility would be to just give up the hand. Although that's true that if I'd plan to continue here then I'd just 4bet and ship my money.

Those hands as AKo and etc type of hands you can usually wait for a spot where you kind of know the opponent that he is capable of going broke and then you can go for the stacks as well, without any information usually it's safer to fold and avoid the flip.

Best Regards.