[NL2-NL10] NL4 Sh monster draw

• Holidej
      Holidej
      Bronze
      Hi,

Here is obvious that villain has a straight, but I can't be sure is it top or bottom straight, so I can't be sure how many outs do I have to win/split pot. My question is: Is it +EV to get all in here?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $3.6
      BB:
      $5.53
      CO:
      $1.47
      Hero:
      $4

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:spade: , T:spade:
      MP3 folds, CO checks, Hero raises to $0.20, SB calls $0.18, BB calls $0.16, CO calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.76) 9:spade: , 8:club: , 7:spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, CO bets $0.57, Hero raises to $1.26, 2 folds, CO raises to $1.27 (All-In), Hero calls $0.01.

Turn: ($3.30) 7:heart:
      River: ($3.30) K:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.30
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Holidej,

He doesn't even have a full stack so pretty easy ship-the-money for us. :) Although I don't understand why do you min-raise like that? Another possibility of course would be to just Call while you have 2 opponents behind you and reevaluate it on the turn and most likely ship then. :P

Best Regards.
    • Holidej
      Holidej
      Bronze
      Well, I was in dilemma weather to raise or call in hope some of the opponents behind will call to, so I stuck in between and minraise, thats some sort of leak I guess :D And I think I can ship it if he has full stack, I have 40% equity against nuts straight, but villain could also play like that set so my equity grows or not? By the way I'm just now saw motivational video that you put in NL Beginners' Course Forum, it's great, really inspired me...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Against his stack we definitely can ship. Cool that you liked the video, inspired me as well and still time to time watching it again.