FLOP ($0.75) Q:club: K:heart: 4:diamond:

CO bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

TURN ($1.55) Q:club: K:heart: 4:diamond: 4:club:

CO bets $0.90, Hero calls $0.90

RIVER ($3.35) Q:club: K:heart: 4:diamond: 4:club: 2:spade:

CO bets $1.60, Hero calls $1.60

16/16/8, 52 hands

blinds are TAGs, not 3beting often

preflop this can be call, because he should fold OOP lot of weaker hands if we 3bet
      what do you think about call on the river? What can I beat there? I think he should check his Qx.
  • 11 replies
    • cekpirus88
      cekpirus88
      Bronze
      hey I would rather raise the flop, to see which can of hand he holds and fold to any bet-raise afterwards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      but then its turning my hand into a bluff. Even if he does not raise, and just calls, we can asume he has Kx. Unless he would call with JT, but not sure if he would do that.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Well, why do you Call the turn? :) We shouldn't really talk about that before talking about the river Call.

Best Regards.
    • JohnTheGreatest
      JohnTheGreatest
      Bronze
      Hi SPeed! :)

Yeah, turn actually doesnt change anything and we see him still barelling, so I'd click the fold button.

I dont know his tendencies postflop (you should know it better :) ), but seeing the hand as it goes I tend to fold here, thinking we're up against Kx

his bet looks a bit smallish, so I assume he may have K with a low kicker like J or T that he is not confident about, but still I'd fold most of times (depending on villain)
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Well, why do you Call the turn?

his bet is small, I beat worse Qx and 2nd barrel bluffs, because turn is blank. Of course he should think that he has lot of FE on flop, so if this didn't work, he should give up turn. But I just thought - isnt this too weak to fold AQ against such small bet on turn?

turn actually doesnt change anything and we see him still barelling,

yeah, and that was one of the reasons to call - if he bluffs and lets say I have JJ, and he thinks - oh he called with JJ, now he should fold them on turn. But he had no chance to improve on turn practically. So if I beat his Qx then I still beat it. Also the question is if he bets for protection Qx.. But again Qx - would he want to c/c turn with Qx? He will not know where he is at by doing it, he gets better info by betting it - if I don't have a hand, I just fold it. Because if he checks - I bet, what hand can he put me on? Kx or float? He does not know that. Because if I assume that on this board he will cbet once and give up later I can easily float him.

BTW what would you do if you would have K9 lets say - would you c/c turn or bet it if you were CO? If he c/c turn with Kx, then my float isn't that easy.

I agree that its more a fold on turn, but the odds are so good and my kicker is good, there are few aces left and I can improve, not sure if I want to improve, because the his JT becomes straight.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      On such a dry board that kind of Bet size is pretty standard I would say. :P

Obviously I would bet for protection and not turn my hand into bluff, there are still couple of worse hands which pay you and as you actually even made such a call as with Qx. He played his hand perfectly well, of course I would argue about betting the river but it's still fine if we expect you to call so loose down.
    • JohnTheGreatest
      JohnTheGreatest
      Bronze
      Then call on river is fine and make a note on him.

I tend to do it with regs - calling down sometimes (usually 1st situations that appears) and then make note on his play, so I know his tendencies and betting patterns! ;)
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      He didn't know that I can call 3 streets with Qx. I ussually don't do that but I am thinking my wtsd could be higher so again one of the reasons is to find the spots where I can call more.

Actually he also had AQ

Edit: btw arent we loosing value with such hand when just calling preflop and having to fold a lot on turns like this? Preflop it was such a strong hand, and we made it to a trash. If we can only play it when we have top pair, are we extracting enougth money to compensate those give ups on turns like this?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Edit: btw arent we loosing value with such hand when just calling preflop and having to fold a lot on turns like this?

Huh? Are you for real? You don't even know the opponent, how can you assume that you are far ahead there. :D
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Huh? Are you for real? You don't even know the opponent, how can you assume that you are far ahead there.

I mean preflop aren't we ahead most of the time? Unknown oponents CO range should still be wide enough.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      Huh? Are you for real? You don't even know the opponent, how can you assume that you are far ahead there.

I mean preflop aren't we ahead most of the time? Unknown oponents CO range should still be wide enough.
      I wouldn't say that he is so unknown, still have 52 hands. :D But yeah, 3betting could be an option and most likely the safest option. Would be pretty easy for us to play the hand if he 4bets us.