SB: $1.82
      BB: $0.60
      UTG: $2.39
      UTG+1: $3.71
      MP: $2.21
      MP+1: $2.00

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has T:diamond: T:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.08, fold, fold, SB calls $0.07, BB calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.24, 3 players) 2:diamond: 7:diamond: 3:diamond:
      SB bets $0.10, fold, Hero raises to $0.30 ???, SB calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.84, 2 players) 9:heart:
      SB bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12 ???

River: ($1.08, 2 players) 8:heart:
      SB checks, Hero checks ???

Hello,

FLOP: What do you think about my raise on the flop?
      TURN: He made a min donk after my raise on the flop. So I was ready to give up the hand.

Thanks,
      cpers
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cpers,

I don't like raising the flop, you are just isolating against very strong hands there and if you get 3bet you practically will never even know where you stand.

But as played take pot control on the turn and Check behind the river, too many hands beat you already there and not many worse pays you.

Best Regards.
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      Recently I tried to raise a bit lightly on the flop. Because if I raise on the flop, and and an opponent saw me give up the hand afterward it seems to me that it becomes easier to play for stack when we hit our hand. Bad strategy? ?( FYI, I rarely make a raise on the flop before so it's not that light.

Well anyway it's the reason why I raised here. I could fold easily if any T+ and diamond shows up.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      What's your plan if you get 3bet? :)
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      Of course, I'm gonna have to fold. I still think it's a good strategy though. Or it's just not worth it to do this on NL2? Of course I tried this a couple of sessions before, and it seems to me it becomes easier to play for stacks. Which is why I decided to add this kind of raises. I understand your argument though, on this kind of board you'd only isolate yourself to Ad, flush and set.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by cpers
      Of course, I'm gonna have to fold. I still think it's a good strategy though. Or it's just not worth it to do this on NL2? Of course I tried this a couple of sessions before, and it seems to me it becomes easier to play for stacks. Which is why I decided to add this kind of raises. I understand your argument though, on this kind of board you'd only isolate yourself to Ad, flush and set.
      Well, why do you raise in first place then. :P = For value, so you can't really fold there. He may easily even ship there with just a draw or worse PPs+draw. :)