This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH, TT on a Q high Flop

• kasparsss
      kasparsss
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $5
      BB:
      $12.71
      Hero:
      $4.7
      MP3:
      $8.84
      CO:
      $5
      BU:
      $2.24

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T:diamond: , T:club:
      Hero raises to $0.15, 2 folds, BU raises to $0.45, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.30.

The opponents stats made me think that he is a TAG player, but hes 3bet % was pretty high and i thought that he had something like 99+,AJ+.

Flop: ($0.97) Q:club: , 9:club: , 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.69, Hero calls $0.69.

I thought i will just call and wait to see if he will bet on the turn. Now that i think, i propably should have check/raised here ?

Turn: ($2.35) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.1 (All-In), Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

As the oponent is not a maniac i just threw the hand away, as he showed strength on the turn. He could had JJ, AQ or even KQ . Right decision ?

Final Pot: $2.35

Propably made a bad decision on the Flop.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello kasparsss,

Preflop: What's his 3bet? :) And for 71 hands I wouldn't really base on the 3bet. Also while he doesn't even have a full stack you can't really Call here profitable. Either ship it or just fold it.

As played
      Postflop: No point to Call the flop, not that many hands you beat. What do you expect to be ahead there vs his 3betting range?

Best Regards.