MP1: $14.35
      MP2: $30.40
      CO: $25
      BTN: $25
      SB: $29.75
      BB: $68.15
      UTG: $25
      UTG+1: $25

Pre-Flop: T:club: T:diamond: dealt to Hero (UTG+2)
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, 2 folds, CO raises to $2, BTN folds, SB raises to $5, HERO....?
  • 11 replies
      Bronze
      Pretty easy fold, isn't it?
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      In practice yes it`s easy fold,if hero wants to be cautious and save his money for better spot.Hero should fold after first reraise,but after second reraise fold is not that easy because pot already 7.75 and hero have 4.00 left so it`s not mistake for hero to be brave and push with hope that lady Luck will spit on him :D .
      Good luck :)
      Bronze
      Dellievas, I suggest you run Equilator or PokerStove and do some math. It's always gorgeous to prove your theories with mathematical formulas, isn't it?

Let's see if lady Luck agrees with mister Math ;) .
    • theloniousbones
      theloniousbones
      Bronze
      It is an auto-fold, but in this case both villains had AK.

As part of my new Tilt-prevention program I'm posting every winning hand I fold so I can get a little positive re-enforcement. Otherwise, I might get stupid and call with my 10's next time....

Basically, I just like to hear that I made the right decision.

:tongue:
    • Petrificus
      Petrificus
      Bronze
      Right decision, as everyone said. If you follow strict the SSS rules:

Stack Size:Raise size= 4/0.75 >4

=> fold TT

And to hear that any decision is right, always makes my mood better, too ;-)
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dallievas
      In practice yes it`s easy fold,if hero wants to be cautious and save his money for better spot.Hero should fold after first reraise,but after second reraise fold is not that easy because pot already 7.75 and hero have 4.00 left so it`s not mistake for hero to be brave and push with hope that lady Luck will spit on him :D .
      Good luck :)
      Braveness does not win us money in poker. ;) Only luck is then is these spots.

So the fold is correct here.
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      OK, you are right X( .I`m ashamed and ridiculed in public place.Mea maxima culpa. :( I`m going to mourn my stupid boldness in psychology section.I posted my reply under impression of Ed Miller`s article about winning big pots-you should take more risks in big pots and do not over commit to smaller ones and etc.Also sometimes I go on bss coachings and often see how they re raise or 3-bet in looser SHC range than we SSS players.But this is just self-preservation.Thanks guys you give me good lesson and even more maybe you let find me some leak in my SSS. :heart: So my question is How to react to raises behind you. We should see our remaining stack and and raise ratio.Which one raise –the one before smb re raised us or the new one which reraiser demands from us? I Always used first ,but now some silly thought bother me,maybe I used to be wrong.It`s better to know it now ,than later.Can you explain this to me? Thanks. :)
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      I go on bss coachings and often see how they re raise or 3-bet in looser SHC range than we SSS players.

that's because deep stacks have implied odds

So my question is How to react to raises behind you. We should see our remaining stack and and raise ratio.Which one raise –the one before smb re raised us or the new one which reraiser demands from us?

I didn't really get it. After a raise and reraise, we should use stack:raise ratio rule and fold, since

Stack Size:Raise size= 4/0.75 >4

And its quite hard to read so many words without formatting, use paragraphs)
      Bronze
      Don't be ;) . I just wanted you to run equilator and do some numbers... Let's see:

Assume they're loose. The first raiser used to re-raise with TT+, AQ+, the second one re-re-raise with JJ+, AK. That way you get no more than 20% equity, which is insufficient in this spot.

And this assumption is far from being real - the second player may cap with QQ+ only or even only kings and aces.
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      OK. I understand your point very well and you are right ,I`m not upset :) ,just wanted discussion on this topic,because on BSS coaching I saw when coach 3-bet
      guy several times with hands like AQ,AK( ok ,they have implied odds).But can we always rely on maths and stats in poker game?How about Phil Hellmuth and soul in poker :D .In micro limits isn`t much sophisticated psychological game,but later we can expect more such things.I liked our discussions very much,it`s better make mistakes here than at the tables.Thanks. :)
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      yes, basic SSS is a pure math