• faronel
      PartyGaming - $0.04 NL - Holdem - 7 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG+1: $4.21
      MP: $0.73
      CO: $4.71
      BTN: $4.20
      Hero (SB): $4.70
      BB: $3.40 - 11/6/5 (200 hands); fold BB to steal 100% (5/5)
      UTG: $1.81

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has 2:club: K:heart:
      fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.20, BB calls $0.16

Flop: ($0.40, 2 players) 2:heart: 8:heart: 2:spade:
      Hero bets $0.32, BB raises to $0.68, Hero raises to $4.50 and is all-in, fold

Hero wins $1.68

Went for a standard steal versus tight player. On flop, his resistance was unexpected, but didnt seem any dangerous. I was afraid only of A2. So, shove for value as played or should I have just called and re-evaluate on turn?
  • 3 replies
    • SPeedFANat1c
      Intersting, why you raise to 5bbs? You have weak range there usually people with weak range steal less bbs. Ok, this is OOP, but I think 4 bb is more than enough.

I think its ok to 3bet on flop. He can pay you with overpair, and I don't think he is ever having A2. If he is sick of your steals, then proabbly he could call with some broadways. I remember one nit agaiinst who I was stealing any two and he called me in position with KJ. So it means there is chance that he has flushdraw if he called with broadway.
    • faronel
      Hey, man.

My standard raise is 4BB + any limp. For OOP raise, I add 1BB, no matter the hand (be it random trash hand or a premium pocket).
      You have a good point about BB's tight range (i.e. a potential succesful steal even with smaller raise), but wouldn't that be a potential statistical tell in a long run, if I raise bigger OOP (like 5BB) with premium hands, and smaller (like 3-4BB) with trash hands? Or this doesnt make any difference on micro limits? If the latter is the case, then would be interested in hearing an elaboration on the matter.
      And thanks for an interesting critical question. :)
    • veriz
      Hello faronel,

Preflop: Guess you don't have to raise it bigger if you are first in, 4xBB should be enough. Although the question is if we really should steal here? But I do agree that if he has been folding most of the blinds then stealing is fine, against looser opponents I'd tend to fold.
      Postflop: Yeah, I like your play here! No other way to play it, no point to let him draw or anything similar. We are OOP and therefore I'd just 3bet it and play for the stacks.

Best Regards.