This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AJs multiway

• ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 1615726
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $0.76
      BTN: $2.00
      SB: $1.19
      Hero (BB): $2.00
      UTG: $1.00
      UTG+1: $1.41
      UTG+2: $0.83
      MP1: $1.24
      MP2: $1.20

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with J :diamond: A :diamond:
      3 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, 1 fold, CO calls $0.02, BTN calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.10) 4 :diamond: 3 :diamond: K :heart: (5 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, CO bets $0.04, BTN folds, SB folds, Hero calls $0.04, MP1 folds

Turn: ($0.18) 9 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.20

River: ($0.78) Q :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.75, CO calls $0.40 all in
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ilovemagic,

I'd most likely even raise it bigger on the turn but overall vs his stack it ain't a problem. Our main plan is to ship it on the river and make it ready for us not over-shoving.

And of course you could even raise it preflop but ain't a must if you don't feel comfortable.

Best Regards.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      well this may sound retarded, but I feel when I already had 4 callers before me, there was a good chance someone was paying me if I made broadway or a flush and it was a free flop, so I was happy seeing it :) But I usually always raise if its not suited in that spot because I like playing AJo against 1 other player going to the flop. When it's suited I just feel with 4 others coming along that there might be a good chance of someone making a good enough second best to either pay me a big pot or even get the stacks in if they have say a lower flush or whatever. other random A-x hands might pay as well, but fold to a preflop raise which I dont want. I'm also pretty good at getting away from TPTK or TPMK in a multi way if someone shows great strength somehow. I also hate b/f AJs preflop when I coulda just checked and seen a flop, but i dont mind at all b/f AJo. I also feel theres much worse that will call my OOP raise (is it called a squeeze in this situation if I raise?) if I'm playing the AJo that way. And of course there are times where I know I can iso a calling station when I'm holding AJs, so in those cases I will just go for value against that players range 9/10 times anyways. But against this table I had only been there for about 5 mins and had no good reads on anyone yet.

Does this make sense to you or am I a little off on that analysis?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yeah, make sense. As I said I don't mind if you even play it passively, the more confident and better you will get in your postflop play the more aggressive you will play. No need to rush.