[NL2-NL10] nl4 Intersting Spot Against vs a Solid TAG

• Ghartman

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:diamond: , T:diamond:
      MP2 raises to $0.15, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.15, BU folds, Hero calls $0.13, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.50) 8:spade: , 7:diamond: , 4:heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.31, CO folds, Hero calls $0.31.

Turn: ($1.12) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $1, Hero????????

Ok, so a standard call pre-flop. The initial raiser was a bit of a rock and I definitely felt that this was the kind of hand to play against him. An interesting flop....a gutshot to the nuts, backdoor flush and overcards. Was my float on the flop bad play? I had a feeling that this guy would definitely pay me if I hit, he was a 1-big-pair kind of guy. My plan was to just check fold a blank on the turn. However the turn was pretty interesting. He priced me out with his pot size bet but is a fold a bit weak here? What do you think, what should my line be here? I'm putting him on AQ, Maybe KK or even QQ kind of hands a strong range but beatable. Pretty much a made hand, he wasn't the drawy type! Holla!

• 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Ghartman,

Fold it on the flop since you just have a GS and never will even know if you have the implied odds there. ;) Especially put yourself into such a spot where you most likely wont even have the great implied odds and might get some extra equity on the turn and feel committed. :D Playing draws OOP and especially GS is pretty bad.

But as played well, with double gutter + FD you might even get the odds but now again can you consider all the outs being clean? We might even have to discount any paired board outs since he could make a FH then and we would be just wasting money into him.

Best Regards.