UTG: $2.00
      UTG+1: $0.93
      MP: $2.10
      MP+1: $1.98
      CO: $0.79
      BTN: $2.39

Hero posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has T:heart: A:heart:

fold, fold, fold, MP+1 raises to $0.04, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.03, fold

Flop: ($0.10, 2 players) A:diamond: T:spade: 7:club:
      Hero checks, MP+1 bets $0.06, Hero raises to $0.18 ???, MP+1 calls $0.12

Turn: ($0.46, 2 players) 6:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.33, MP+1 raises to $0.66, Hero ???

Hello,

He doubled my bet after my raise on the flop. So I guess we could put him on a strong hand. Against unknown, should I include 76 on his range? We're ahead if we include it. What about A7-A6?

Board: A:diamond: T:spade: 7:club:  6:diamond:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP3    30.54%  24.29%   6.25% { TT, 77-66, ATs, A7s-A6s, 76s, ATo, A7o-A6o, 76o }
      SB     69.46%  63.21%   6.25% { AhTh }

Board: A:diamond: T:spade: 7:club:  6:diamond:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP3    76.45%  58.26%  18.18% { TT, 77-66, ATs, ATo }
      SB     23.55%   5.37%  18.18% { AhTh }

Thanks,
      cpers
  • 5 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, cpers.

Interesting hand.

I think firstly you need a reason to check/raise the flop. You have to think of why you do it. After that, I think the rest of the hand kind of "plays itself".

So... what was your reasoning to check/raise the flop?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cpers,

Why do you Check/Raise the flop so small? I would just go for pot size raise there, so ~$0,28. There is nothing to think about even why to Check/Raise the flop. :P We are doing it for value and protecting from any kind of draws.

But as we continue and on those stakes they can easily even overplay just TP I wouldn't be able to fold my hand on the turn, I'd just ship it vs his range which may include also even weaker 2pairs.

Best Regards.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello cpers,

Why do you Check/Raise the flop so small? I would just go for pot size raise there, so ~$0,28. There is nothing to think about even why to Check/Raise the flop. :P We are doing it for value and protecting from any kind of draws.

But as we continue and on those stakes they can easily even overplay just TP I wouldn't be able to fold my hand on the turn, I'd just ship it vs his range which may include also even weaker 2pairs.

Best Regards.
      Well, that was where I was trying to get at... it seems to me that if we are doing for value on the flop it doesn't make much sense to stop and have doubts on a brick turn...
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      Originally posted by luizsilveira
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello cpers,

Best Regards.
      Well, that was where I was trying to get at... it seems to me that if we are doing for value on the flop it doesn't make much sense to stop and have doubts on a brick turn...
      Yeah I did the raise for value since the pot still small. And of course I snap shoves the turn. Although my six sense tells me that he got pocket six, and as always my six sense is right :f_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, then obviously his play was really bad. :D But neither wasn't yours good either with the Check/Raise size. :P