This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 - FR - ATs - vs raise after my flop raise

• cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (SB): $2.58
      BB: $1.61
      UTG: $2.00
      UTG+1: $0.93
      MP: $2.10
      MP+1: $1.98
      CO: $0.79
      BTN: $2.39

Hero posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has T:heart: A:heart:

fold, fold, fold, MP+1 raises to $0.04, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.03, fold

Flop: ($0.10, 2 players) A:diamond: T:spade: 7:club:
      Hero checks, MP+1 bets $0.06, Hero raises to $0.18 ???, MP+1 calls $0.12

Turn: ($0.46, 2 players) 6:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.33, MP+1 raises to $0.66, Hero ???

Hello,

He doubled my bet after my raise on the flop. So I guess we could put him on a strong hand. Against unknown, should I include 76 on his range? We're ahead if we include it. What about A7-A6?

Board: A:diamond: T:spade: 7:club:  6:diamond:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP3    30.54%  24.29%   6.25% { TT, 77-66, ATs, A7s-A6s, 76s, ATo, A7o-A6o, 76o }
      SB     69.46%  63.21%   6.25% { AhTh }

Board: A:diamond: T:spade: 7:club:  6:diamond:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP3    76.45%  58.26%  18.18% { TT, 77-66, ATs, ATo }
      SB     23.55%   5.37%  18.18% { AhTh }

Thanks,
      cpers
  • 5 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, cpers.

Interesting hand.

I think firstly you need a reason to check/raise the flop. You have to think of why you do it. After that, I think the rest of the hand kind of "plays itself".

So... what was your reasoning to check/raise the flop?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cpers,

Why do you Check/Raise the flop so small? I would just go for pot size raise there, so ~$0,28. There is nothing to think about even why to Check/Raise the flop. :P We are doing it for value and protecting from any kind of draws.

But as we continue and on those stakes they can easily even overplay just TP I wouldn't be able to fold my hand on the turn, I'd just ship it vs his range which may include also even weaker 2pairs.

Best Regards.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello cpers,

Why do you Check/Raise the flop so small? I would just go for pot size raise there, so ~$0,28. There is nothing to think about even why to Check/Raise the flop. :P We are doing it for value and protecting from any kind of draws.

But as we continue and on those stakes they can easily even overplay just TP I wouldn't be able to fold my hand on the turn, I'd just ship it vs his range which may include also even weaker 2pairs.

Best Regards.
      Well, that was where I was trying to get at... it seems to me that if we are doing for value on the flop it doesn't make much sense to stop and have doubts on a brick turn...
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      Originally posted by luizsilveira
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello cpers,

Best Regards.
      Well, that was where I was trying to get at... it seems to me that if we are doing for value on the flop it doesn't make much sense to stop and have doubts on a brick turn...
      Yeah I did the raise for value since the pot still small. And of course I snap shoves the turn. Although my six sense tells me that he got pocket six, and as always my six sense is right :f_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, then obviously his play was really bad. :D But neither wasn't yours good either with the Check/Raise size. :P