BTN: $2.00

Hero posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has Q:spade: A:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.08, BB calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.16, 2 players) Q:diamond: T:club: 9:club:
      Hero bets $0.12, BB raises to $2.49 and is all-in, fold

BB wins $0.38

Hello,

I think it's a standard fold. He's unknown, do I put him on the right range? Is it necessary to take a note on moves like this?

Board: Q:diamond: T:club: 9:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      SB     16.38%  15.86%   0.52% { AdQs }
      BB     83.62%  83.09%   0.52% { TT-99, KJs+, QTs-Q9s, J8s, KJo+, QTo-Q9o, J8o }

Thanks,
      cpers
  • 1 reply
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, cpers!

Very nice fold! I don't think many people would do that, especially at these stakes. But yeah, standard bet/fold.

I think his range there can be pretty wide, including all sorts of two pairs, pairs+straight draws, and all sorts of draws both to straight or flush. So a lot.

On the other hand, this is the kind of situation where - even against his wide range - you are either crushed or only slightly ahead. So against a good draw you are only slighly ahead (if at all) and will lose often. And against two pairs and sets you are a lot behind and will lost most of the time. So not a profitable call at all.

Plus it's a pretty bad board for him to make a pure bluff. Just as there are a ton of hands to semi-bluff with, there are alto a ton of hands that can call him... so he's quite likely not bluffing.

Again, nice fold.