This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 - FR - AQ - vs flop shoves

• cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (SB): $2.00
      BB: $2.57
      UTG: $1.00
      UTG+1: $1.29
      MP: $4.24
      MP+1: $2.27
      CO: $3.83
      BTN: $2.00

Hero posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has Q:spade: A:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.08, BB calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.16, 2 players) Q:diamond: T:club: 9:club:
      Hero bets $0.12, BB raises to $2.49 and is all-in, fold

BB wins $0.38

Hello,

I think it's a standard fold. He's unknown, do I put him on the right range? Is it necessary to take a note on moves like this?

Board: Q:diamond: T:club: 9:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      SB     16.38%  15.86%   0.52% { AdQs }
      BB     83.62%  83.09%   0.52% { TT-99, KJs+, QTs-Q9s, J8s, KJo+, QTo-Q9o, J8o }

Thanks,
      cpers
  • 1 reply
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, cpers!

Very nice fold! I don't think many people would do that, especially at these stakes. But yeah, standard bet/fold.

I think his range there can be pretty wide, including all sorts of two pairs, pairs+straight draws, and all sorts of draws both to straight or flush. So a lot.

On the other hand, this is the kind of situation where - even against his wide range - you are either crushed or only slightly ahead. So against a good draw you are only slighly ahead (if at all) and will lose often. And against two pairs and sets you are a lot behind and will lost most of the time. So not a profitable call at all.

Plus it's a pretty bad board for him to make a pure bluff. Just as there are a ton of hands to semi-bluff with, there are alto a ton of hands that can call him... so he's quite likely not bluffing.

Again, nice fold.