Fifty 50/ Can someone who know's help please

• philiveyfan
      philiveyfan
      Bronze
      Ok so lets say I join a 15 dollars sng 50 50/ it says I win 47 cents per 100 chips.. If I last to the top 5 am i guarantee 30 back for sure?? my money and an extra 15 and then plus the 47 cents per 100 ?
  • 8 replies
    • totte1992
      totte1992
      Bronze
      No, you get 15 dollars for being top 5. And then 47 cents / 100 chips. Therefore the minimum you get is 15 bucks. To get 30 bucks you need to have Around 3000 chips when its over(1500 starting). Hope that helped abit :)
    • philiveyfan
      philiveyfan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by totte1992
      No, you get 15 dollars for being top 5. And then 47 cents / 100 chips. Therefore the minimum you get is 15 bucks. To get 30 bucks you need to have Around 3000 chips when its over(1500 starting). Hope that helped abit :)
      ok so let me ask you. is it my 15 back plus 15 and then 47 cents??
    • MojaDunja
      MojaDunja
      Bronze
      Originally posted by philiveyfan
      Originally posted by totte1992
      ok so let me ask you. is it my 15 back plus 15 and then 47 cents??
      No, its not like that. Its like totte1992 said.

If you get to the top 5, you recive back 15$ (your buy in) + 0,47c per 100 chips. So if you get to the top 5 with aprox. 3k chips = 15$ of your BI + 0,47c * 30.

correct me if i wrong.

cheers
    • MarkQuick
      MarkQuick
      Bronze
      Thanks for jumping in; totte1992/MojaDunja and helping out.

All good philiveyfan? If you need further assistance, drop me a quick post and I'll be happy to help.
    • philiveyfan
      philiveyfan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MarkQuick

All good philiveyfan? If you need further assistance, drop me a quick post and I'll be happy to help.
      Thanks Mark, I kinda get it but what confuses me is why risk 15 if you can possibly be making like 5 dollars... and secondly i got a bankroll of 5000 what should i be playing 15 30? or 7?
    • MojaDunja
      MojaDunja
      Bronze

Thanks Mark, I kinda get it but what confuses me is why risk 15 if you can possibly be making like 5 dollars... and secondly i got a bankroll of 5000 what should i be playing 15 30? or 7?
      You have to choose what you want play. Do you want to play SNG stt? What doyou play before that? With what game you build up your BR?

First of all, ask your self, what you want to play or what are you prepared to play.

That˙s IMO.

cheers
    • philiveyfan
      philiveyfan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MojaDunja

You have to choose what you want play. Do you want to play SNG stt? What doyou play before that? With what game you build up your BR?

First of all, ask your self, what you want to play or what are you prepared to play.

That˙s IMO.

cheers

Hey buddy thanks for the reply, I will be honest no I didn't have a bank roll from poker I just saved 5000 and not sure how much to put into stars. I do want to quit cash games as I am not that great in it. What do you think is the most profitable way to make a profile on stars?
    • MojaDunja
      MojaDunja
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MojaDunja

That˙s IMO.

cheers

Hey buddy thanks for the reply, I will be honest no I didn't have a bank roll from poker I just saved 5000 and not sure how much to put into stars. I do want to quit cash games as I am not that great in it. What do you think is the most profitable way to make a profile on stars?
      Hey budy.

If you saved 5k ($ or € or any valute), i defenetily wouldnt put all 5k on poker. Try to think about what you want to play. Do you ever play online poker for real or just for fun? Its defenetely not smart to put roll 5K on stars, and go playing some game, if you dont know how to play your A game, and first of all, you dont know what to play at all.

I recommend you to watch some videos here on strategy, read some articles, educate your self about poker and about game you will play it.

What is your game? You like SNG? (single tables) (multitables)? MTT maybe?

Or you like cash game?

IMO on stars have good tourneys SNG 180`s players for 2,5$ BI. On these you can make nice profit, but be carefull they can be very swingy.

I suggest you, if you play those you need to have BR around 200 BI. So this is 500$ or. lets say.. you can put it 600$.

Put you other save money in other things, go somewhere, take you girlfriend some where, ...

Bankrol 600$ is realy nice if you know what you play and you educate your self in poker way.

other users, correct me if im wrong.

cheers