[NL2-NL10] Nl 5 Kk

• cekpirus88
      cekpirus88
      Bronze
      hey is correct to raise push all in KK after a quite safe flop? here the villain got lucky but after he raises me is correct usually to push all in or, he can have a set?

Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 1616079
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $5.93
      UTG: $4.34
      UTG+1: $2.42
      UTG+2: $5.21
      MP1: $4.31
      Hero (MP2): $4.81
      CO: $9.81
      BTN: $1.93
      SB: $6.85

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is MP2 with K :spade: K :heart:
      UTG raises to $0.15, 1 fold, UTG+2 calls $0.15, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.60, 4 folds, UTG calls $0.45, UTG+2 calls $0.45

Flop: ($1.87) 2 :spade: Q :spade: J :heart: (3 players)
      UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $1.55, UTG raises to $3.74, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls $2.19

Turn: ($9.35) Q :diamond: (2 players)

River: ($9.35) 6 :diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $9.35
      UTG shows Q :club: A :spade:
      Hero shows K :spade: K :heart:
      UTG wins $8.84
      (Rake: $0.51)
  • 4 replies
    • Nocco88
      Nocco88
      Bronze
      Well i think it depends a lot on what type of villain do you facing up to. If he is passive, then i just fold the flop, but if he is agressive then i will go broke like you did it.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, cekpirus88.

Indeed, depends a bit on the opponent. However, with such a big pot you can't really fold a big overpair postflop anymore as there is too much money in the pot already. You had to call $2.1 for a pot of more than $9, which means you have to roughly win only 1 time out of 4 to already make a profit.

I just disagree it's a quite safe flop... I think it's a quite unsafe flop, it's only better than a flop with an A :D

Lastly, if your opponents are a bit call happy you can even squeeze a bit bigger preflop. Your 3bet could be 4x the original raise + 1x per caller; in this case you could go as high as $0.75.
    • cekpirus88
      cekpirus88
      Bronze
      is not to big raise or at this limit people call you? how much equity they need here to make a profitable call? thanks
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cekpirus88
      is not to big raise or at this limit people call you? how much equity they need here to make a profitable call? thanks
      It is big but yes they will call you. And in a sense what you also want to do is to "force" them to play dominated hands. If you don't raise a bit to the bigger side you might end up playing a multiway pot, which is not great for the equity of hands like KK/AA or AK.

As for the equity to call, it's not a matter of equity actually. For them to call profitably they must know how often you are bluffing (if at all) and if they can outplay you post flop.

If you are never ever bluffing, they could even fold every hand "profitably". They just don't know that.