UTG: $12.45 - VPIP: 9, PFR: 5, 3B: 5, AF: 10.0, Hands: 416
      UTG+1: $26.56 - VPIP: 51, PFR: 14, 3B: 0, AF: 1.2, Hands: 90
      MP: $8.41 - VPIP: 8, PFR: 6, 3B: 3, AF: 0.8, Hands: 119
      CO: $10.46 - VPIP: 11, PFR: 8, 3B: 2, AF: 3.5, Hands: 484
      Hero (BTN): $12.03 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 11, 3B: 4, AF: 2.5, Hands: 264452
      SB: $4.19 - VPIP: 39, PFR: 16, 3B: 6, AF: 3.4, Hands: 96
      BB: $10.00 - VPIP: 13, PFR: 7, 3B: 7, AF: 2.5, Hands: 244

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with J :heart: J :club:
      1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.30, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.30, SB calls $0.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.00) K :club: 7 :diamond: K :heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, UTG+1 bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, SB folds

Turn: ($1.80) 8 :spade: (2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

River: ($2.80) 3 :club: (2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60

Change anything?Except I could have 3bet preflop,right(against such opp)?
  • 6 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Heyo, Sikac!

I actually like the line postflop as there is not really much value in raising. I do expect us to be beat here often but if he plays TT/99 like that it's probably already a profit. He's even giving us nice odds to hit a J and stack him off if he has a K, considering we're even 120BB deep.

As preflop you can 3bet, mostly to isolate; however, you will have absolute position throughout the hand anyway so I can't really see calling as mistake; pluse we're leaving a nice SPR to maximize our postflop edge.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by luizsilveira
      Heyo, Sikac!

I actually like the line postflop as there is not really much value in raising. I do expect us to be beat here often but if he plays TT/99 like that it's probably already a profit. He's even giving us nice odds to hit a J and stack him off if he has a K, considering we're even 120BB deep.

As preflop you can 3bet, mostly to isolate; however, you will have absolute position throughout the hand anyway so I can't really see calling as mistake; pluse we're leaving a nice SPR to maximize our postflop edge.
      Hey Luiz,

TY for your evaluation. You know that is the type of guy how can really pay you nice of that is my I wanted to 3bet isolate and I think should be a better line then this one. Overall I think I could take more value because I got tempted by stats you know. Because if he has a 7 there he is gonna stack off for shore that is way I posted the hand you know. I mean this looks more like a safe play but I would say most profitable line. At least I do the critics to myself that is also why I need you guys.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sikac
      Heyo, Sikac!

Hey Luiz,

TY for your evaluation. You know that is the type of guy how can really pay you nice of that is my I wanted to 3bet isolate and I think should be a better line then this one. Overall I think I could take more value because I got tempted by stats you know. Because if he has a 7 there he is gonna stack off for shore that is way I posted the hand you know. I mean this looks more like a safe play but I would say most profitable line. At least I do the critics to myself that is also why I need you guys.
      Well... if he had limp/called the hand would play differently. Since he raised preflop, and he's not raising all that many hands, I didn't think there are many 7x in his UTG open raise range...
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Heyo, Sikac!

Hey Luiz,

Well... if he had limp/called the hand would play differently. Since he raised preflop, and he's not raising all that many hands, I didn't think there are many 7x in his UTG open raise range...
      72s. It is always the same by me I always get tempted by stats. Do you ever get tempted by stats?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sikac,

Preflop: Against so loose opponent who has so high VPIP and kind of high PFR even I wouldn't mind to 3bet for value there. It's very likely that you will get called by a lot worse hands even overcards and worse PPs. But obviously flatting ain't wrong, just taking the passive approach.
      Postflop: Do you think he is capable of paying you with a lot worse there? Sometimes they tend even to trap like that so I don't mind such a play at all. Most likely he wont pay with a lot worse hands anyways therefore picking passive approach here as well as you took it preflop is fine.

Best Regards.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze

72s. It is always the same by me I always get tempted by stats. Do you ever get tempted by stats?
      It's not a matter of stats. Until I know a player better I'd assume he is not opening many 7x from UTG at a fullring table.

Even if he is, any range will be heavier towards Ax, maybe Kxs and pocket pairs than 7x.

Not even on 6max tables many people open suited connectors from UTG, nor A7x.

And we're talking about ranges that make sense. If he just picks cards at random to open, then he has even less 7x in his range (considering a range of 100%).

One shouldn't be tempted by stats, nor by results. So you found a guy who probably has a fetish on playing 72 (probably because saw pros doing that on TV); that doesn't mean there are a lot of 7x in his range, let alone in an rather unknown's range from UTG.