Stack
      UTG2:
      $5.52
      MP1:
      $2.34
      Hero:
      $2.57

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:spade: , K:diamond:
      UTG2 calls $0.02, MP1 raises to $0.06, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.24, 5 folds, MP1 calls $0.18.

Flop: ($0.53) A:spade: , 8:club: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.3, Hero calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.13) 3:club: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.2, Hero calls $0.20.

River: ($1.53) J:club: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.65, Hero calls $0.65.

Final Pot: $2.83

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP1 shows a pair of aces (Ad Qd)
      Hero shows (Ks Kd)

MP1 wins with a pair of aces (Ad Qd)
  • 2 replies
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Hi fractalsonfire,

I don't think you should have just kept calling him from flop to river. You shouldn't have so much trouble laying down kings if you know you are beat and to know if you are beat you should have raised him on the flop itself.

He is out of position and donks into you on the flop with an Ace on the board. On such a board he either has it or he doesn't as simple as that. The board otherwise was rather dry so I think you could have gone ahead and raised him on the flop to about $0.90. If he folds you know he was bluffing, If he raises you know he has it and you can fold easily. If he calls then you really can't do anything cause your hand isn't gonna get better on the turn or river you have just 2 outs so you give up on the turn if he calls your raise on the flop and raises the turn.

Please don't follow a passive line like this where you don't know what to do and you keep calling. Look at it this way, you raise on the flop to check if he has a hand or not. So you raise his $0.30 to $0.90. He could either fold thinking that you have a higher ace but I doubt that would happen at this limit, he calls you and checks on the turn that way you check turn and save money, or he raises and you fold. So you invested $0.90 for that information, in the hand that you played (where btw his turn raise was very weak and many times you'll encounter a stronger raise) you spent a total of $1.05 for the same information, again had his turn raise been bigger you would have spent even more. So its always better to raise on the flop and see where you are at if you are having a hard time folding a high pocket pair.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello fractalsonfire,

While being in a 3bet pot it's already pretty close on the flop. We just beat bluff there and even if you Call it down then there is no way I am able to Call it on the river anymore. What do you expect him 3barreling like that in 3bet pot?

Best Regards.