New to the site (Malta)

• Bonett2
      Bonett2
      Bronze
      Hei everybody i m from Malta but live in Norway. I m here to improve my game and learn as much as possible about poker. I ve been playing poker for 2 years now but i never read about poker and strategies. I don t know where i should start :p
  • 13 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Bonett2,

Welcome to our community!

What a coincidence!! I lived in Malta for 5 years :) Great Island! What do you do in Norway? Studying?

To start with, let see the basics. What game type do you play and on what limit? Have you managed to find your leaks in your game yet or? Which poker room are you getting the free $50 starting capital?

We can help you further on once we know a little more about you :)

Ingrid
    • Bonett2
      Bonett2
      Bronze
      I live in Norway cause i met a norwegian girl while she was on a holiday in Malta, so i moved to Norway 3 years ago :p I play on TItan poker. I need to learn as much as possible because i just understood when i entered this site that i don t know anything about poker :p For now i m studying some strategies and actually they re working well for me, i just need to have more patience as i play on short stacks but i wish i can go up as much as possible. I would like to learn how calculate pot odds and all the other stuff it s just difficult to find out where i should start. I m also trying to train for some live tournaments because in March i have a tournament coming up in Ireland. THanks for your help :) I play hold em no limit cash games
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Bonett2,

Seems like you're doing great so far, keep trying to improve and if you post in our Hand Evaluation boards we will be able to give you feedback about lines and actions you take in individual hands.

Look forward to seeing them
      Patrick
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      also don't forget the daily freerolls at Titan Poker!

our glossary will be great help for you I believe: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/glossary/Pot-Odds/

:)
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Click here for an introduction into the mathematics of pot odds.

There is also around 30 basic articles that will help you get up to speed with the basics here
    • Bonett2
      Bonett2
      Bronze
      My god thanks a lot this is a lot of interesting information. Thanks i love this site you get help from everybody :)
    • angeleskarl0098
      angeleskarl0098
      Basic
      Hello there Bonett2,

Welcome to the PS Forum! It seems that your'e already a bronze. That's nice, we'll goodluck to your tables. :)
    • Bonett2
      Bonett2
      Bronze
      hi everybody i need some help :) i m learning and studying everyday now and it s working well with some strategies. I have a big problem understanding how to calculate pot odds. it s too much to take in like ratios, percentages, value bets, i m having some problems understanding them complrtely and put them into practice. If somebody could help me it would be great. THanks :)
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi there, wow you are silver already!

which part are you having problems with? have you read the article pleno linked already?

it helps if you print out the chart and look at it while playing. why dont you dedicate one session purely to practice it? however, remember there is also such a thing as implied pot odds. gosh my mind is a bit all over the place right now, i hope someone can explain better :f_biggrin:
    • Bonett2
      Bonett2
      Bronze
      Hey mate,

No i have nt read the pleno article yet, where can i find that? I ve been readind INtroduction to pot odds etc.. ANd some of implied odds.. I m not good with mathematics so i m having a problem. Is it a good idea to study the chart by memory? I guess i have to read and read over agin the articles, but till now i m really getting confused :p THanks for your help :)
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi there Bonett2, how you doing so far?

Right then, I have some information for you and some links that may help.

First, to learn all about odds, outs and all that other mathematical stuff, I suggest joining the No Limit Beginners course, the professional coaches play live sessions and have theory sessions; and they explain everything very patiently. You can click the first link in this post for all the information.

You can join or leave at any time and...wait for it...it's totally free! :s_cool: Hey wait a minute, there's one tonight at 8:30pm GMT, can you make it? If so, just follow this link to find out how to join and I'll see you there!

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/coaching/163809/

Also, here are some links to the mathematics of poker for your nice new silver status level. :) I suggest you read them in the following order.

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/bss/1563/1/

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/bss/1564/1/

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/bss/1719/1/

Enjoy,

Mal.
    • Bonett2
      Bonett2
      Bronze
      THanks a lot mate that will help me for sure. Unfortunatlly tonight i can t make it. But i will have time this week to check it out, the articles looks interesting.

THanks a lot

Bonett2
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      You are very welcome Bonett2.

Have fun,

Mal.