When do you raise/push small PPs instead of limping on set value?

While answering the question I refer to a situation where we are in late position and player(s) have entered the pot before through a limp.

22-44:

Against more than one limper I prefer to limp them on set value. Only with a small stack like 8-12BB it is sometimes possible to push them directly. Condition is however that we are facing quite loose limpers so that we have a good equity against their limping range.
Against one limper it is imo not very profitable to limp on set value. So with a small stack I would push directly if I have an edge or much fold equity against the limper. With a bigger stack >15BB an isolation raise is a good alternative. (take a look at the next question right below for more information)

55-66:

With these PPs our Equity against limpers looks much better since we now dominate the lower PPs and have a better coinflip against overcards. This results in a more aggressive play.
If we face more than one limper we should raise if we see fold equity or an edge against the limpers. Wether to push or raise depends on our stacksize. Of course a limp is profitable, too. You should therefore still select the situations where you raise carefully.
Against one limper I almost always prefer the raise/push. We have position and a made hand which will make it possible to push/cbet many flops. Of course we have to be careful against very tight/passive opponents since they can often surprise us with strong holdings.

All higher PPs should be raised very often.

When and with which range do you make isolation raises?

I want to refer to this post to answer this question since I think I made a good summary about this topic there:

03/12 SSS Adv. Coaching - 2nd Barrels and Isolationraises

Against one limper we can definetely loosen up our raising range. How much depends on our opponent and on our postflop skills. We should also care about our stacksize.
With a small stack we only have the alternatives push or fold. Therefore the limpers preflop stats are important. According to his Vpip, his PFR and his position we can estimate his range. If we have an edge against his limping range we can make a push. An additional value which helps us here is the preflop fold equity.
If we have a bigger stack like 14-15BB and more we have to think a bit different. Fisrt a direct push is less profitable since we risk much more than we can win through a push. Thus - even with an edge against the limpers range - we can loose money if he folds many weaker hands and only calls with hands that beat us.
Now that we will isolate with a normal raise we have to think of the preflop FE and of course of the Postflop stats - e.g. the WTS and fold to cbet score.
This means: even if we get called we can outplay our opponent through our positional advantage.
Finally I just want to mention 3 things here: playability of our hand and our stack. With playability I mean the probability to hit something on the Flop. Suited holecards are therefore much better than unsuited cards. Connectiveness is also decent. Imo it is also much better to have a big stack when isolating. Our opponent has to face a cbet on the flop and we still have a respectable stack left. On the other hand we have more implieds with speculative hands where we can get money from our opponent when we hit.
I alsmost forgot the blinds or the BU. Be careful if they are loose/aggressive.

Possible hands for an isolation raise are therefore:

22+, A2s+, K9s+ Q9s+, broadways, 87s+ and T9o+.

Against very weak players (see the other thread) we can even be looser but against tight/passive or good players we should sometimes be tighter, too.

If you have not much expierience with these holdings start loosening up slowly until you get more used to it.

Sample Hands:

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)     
Position:
Stack
UTG+1:
$375
Hero:
$32
MP3:
$199
BU:
$70.11

1/2 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:diamond: , 8:diamond:
UTG+1 calls $2.00, 3 folds, MP3 calls $2.00, CO folds, BU calls $2.00, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($9.00) 6:diamond: , T:spade: , 7:diamond: (4 players)
Hero bets $8, UTG+1 raises to $26.00, MP3 folds, BU calls $26.00, Hero raises to $30.00 (All-In), UTG+1 calls $4.00, BU calls $4.00.

Turn: ($99.00) 6:club: (2 players)
UTG+1 bets $116, BU folds.

River: ($215.00) 5:diamond:

Final Pot: $215.00

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)     
Position:
Stack
BU:
$978
Hero:
$170

5/10 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:club: , J:spade:
2 folds, Hero raises to $40.00, CO folds, BU calls $40.00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($95.00) 7:club: , T:diamond: , 9:diamond: (2 players)
Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($95.00) 8:heart: (2 players)
Hero bets $60, BU folds.

Final Pot: $155.00

Feel free to think about these hands. I will post my thoughts soon.