[NL2-NL10] AJ nl10

• Deekaayo
      Hey, i'd like for you to take a look at this hand. I was distracted during the playing of the hand(BAD), and therefore didn't really think about the hand. Normally I'd probably raise the turn, or even the flop, but as i said - wasn't thinking, just running on some auto-pilot. :<
      Could I've laid this down?

PokerStars - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3: http://www.pokertracker.com

BB: $3.40
      UTG: $5.86
      MP: $19.77
      Hero (CO): $11.27
      BTN: $7.11
      SB: $11.27

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has Ah Jc

fold, MP calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, SB calls $0.25, fold, MP calls $0.20

Flop: ($1.30, 4 players) 4s Jh 7s
      SB checks, MP bets $0.62, Hero calls $0.62, fold, fold

Turn: ($2.54, 2 players) Jd
      MP bets $1.10, Hero calls $1.10

River: ($4.74, 2 players) 3c
      MP bets $17.75 and is all-in, Hero calls $9.25 and is all-in

MP shows 7c 7h (Full House, Sevens full of Jacks) (Pre 55%, Flop 98%, Turn 84%) Hero shows Ah Jc (Three of a Kind, Jacks) (Pre 45%, Flop 2%, Turn 16%) MP wins $22.09
  • 2 replies
    • luizsilveira
      Originally posted by Deekaayo
      [...]Could I've laid this down?[...]
      Depends a bit on the opponent; Most of the time, I don't think so.

I don't think he is ever bluffing but nothing tells you he wouldn't do the same with KJ or QJ type of hands.

With the read that that is how he plays, then you could make some tough folds in the future.

But yeah, raise flop would have been *ok*, and you can also raise the turn for value - especially if you consider his bet size, that can clearly be a flush draw getting cheap cards.
    • veriz
      Hello Deekaayo,

Preflop: Why do you raise so small? Standard would be for me either 4xBB+1xBB per limper or depending on the style. But just 3xBB is definitely way off play.

As played
      Postflop: Doubt that I would play it a lot differently on the flop & turn while being in such a multiway pot. But what I would have done on the river is that I would just fold it. We were in 4way pot and it was very likely that one of them could even hit a set there. Especially when people shoving like that they are doing it for HUGE VALUE. You still have to Call $9,25 and haven't invested much into the pot. Therefore I'd just give up the hand.

Best Regards.