UTG+1 ($4)
      UTG+2 ($5.41)
      MP1 ($5.15)
      MP2 ($3.78)
      CO ($4)
      Hero ($3.54)

CO posts $0.04

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: 6:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, MP2 calls $0.04, CO checks, Hero calls $0.04, SB calls $0.02, BB checks

FLOP ($0.20) 5:spade: 6:heart: A:spade:

SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, CO bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, SB folds, BB calls $0.20, MP2 calls $0.20

TURN ($1) 5:spade: 6:heart: A:spade: 9:club:

BB checks, MP2 checks, CO bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.50, BB folds, MP2 folds, CO calls $1

RIVER ($4) 5:spade: 6:heart: A:spade: 9:club: Q:spade:

CO bets $2.26 (AI), Hero calls $1.80 (AI)
  • 1 reply
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, AxsisHalon!

I wouldn't ever call with this hand preflop. I mean, ever.

It's even marginal to play it, but if you want to do it then raising up is a must. This hand just doesn't play well on multiway pots as you can only hit weak hands (top pair low kicker, weak two pairs, not even straight or flush draws).

As played, you could have raised flop but I think calling might be marginally ok as well; however, you do have to raise the turn larger if you're playing for value. People can call you with all sorts of weaker two pair, as well as flush draw.

That river is tricky. 78 got there on the turn, flush got there, and it wouldn't surprise me some weak player could play 55 or 66 like that. However, he could have turned his 65 or A5 into a bluff and you have "ok" odds (not great, but ok).

If I knew the player I might bluffcatch there (if he is super bluffy) but I just can't see a bluff in his range. The question is if we beat his value hands enough to make the call profitable. We beat A5 and 56, and that's about it... I might even find a tough fold there.

But it is indeed a tough spot - that's why I would have avoided it altogether from preflop...