Rock bottom

• cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Ive spent 4 days building up a bank roll on NL05. Earning $70 in 8500 hands, which i was very happy with. Then today I play 500 hands and have lost the best part of $45 dollars. What makes it worse is that I'm still playing my "A game". Its just bad beat after bad beat. I haven't gone on tilt but I stoped playing because I'm angry. I'm totally disheartened, and I'm wondering if maybe the last 8000 hands was just lucky, and maybe am going to be a loosing player. I did notice that today there is fish galore, maybe because of the weekend? But this is working against me and not for me. There catching allkinds. Should I not play weekends? Are tourneys less fishier on weekends? Hope you guys can come up with some answers, and maybe some suggestions on what I should do!

Thx
      Stiev
  • 32 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Been playing again today and i'm loosing money still. Is this a weekend thing? I am bettin big amounts with good hands and getting 5-6 callers holding nothin. Obviously with that many callers, I am getting outdrawn everytime.
      Can someome answer please because I'm about to crack!

thanks
      Stiev
    • Roya1flush
      Roya1flush
      Bronze
      Best thing to do mate is take some time off from the tables.. read some articles and just get your focus..

It happens to everyone even the pros go through this phase, the worse thing to do will be continue playing when you are feeling really down and thinking nothing is working for you..

Also the weekend tends to bring out a lot more fishes and they tend to call everything...

Best of luck..
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      had a great week after switching to poker stars. Up 400% in the last 5 days, then yet again I am back to my starting bankroll in a few hours. I'm not playing poker online at the weekend again, and I am very close to retiring all together.

The last 4 weekends I have lost probably 700%-1000% of my current bankroll, which I grow in the week an loose at the weekend. I play the exact same times, which is 8 hours a day. So its not a tiredness thing, it is strictly weekends. Not intoxicated as i'm on medication. I just don't understand why.

Has anyone else come across this? I need to know. I am really undesided, whether to quit full time or not. Please reply with your experiences of weekend play.

thx
      Stiev
    • caber1
      caber1
      Bronze
      Why do you think they call it grinding? Poker isn't about money falling out of the sky. It's about mucking and grinding and playing for the long run. Ear

Maybe you're pushing to hard. Relax. It's just a game. LOL
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      WTF?? did u read^^. dont gimme all that shit about grindin, you think I dont know that. The question was about why am I a winning player in the week, an loosing weekends.

I dont know what the fuck you just posted!
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      whether or not there really are factors that have caused a situation where your expected winnings from weekend play are much lower than from the rest of the week, i think you should just stop playing on weekends for a while.
      also, read the articles and forum posts about playing against maniacs( i assume you're playing a lot of maniacs on weekends ). playing maniacs is profitable, but can cause huge variance.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      I wouldn't call these players maniacs, i'd say there very passive. When sat at a table there are often 3-5 stations at the weekend. I am betting pot sized when I have a monster and getting called by more than one person. Its not unusual that these people are holding second pair or worse, which is great for me on the flop. But as i'm up against more than one opponant i'm getting sucked out more times than I win. If I bet bigger I get no calls, there seems to be a fine line between no calls and to many.

THEY ARE NOT MANIACS!
      THIS IS DEFINIATLY A WEEKEND THING!
      I HAVE STATED THAT I AM QUITING WEEKENDS!

sry for the capitals but people are not paying attention to the fact, I want to know if other people are in the same boat as me. If they are how are you'ze sorting this problem without just quiting weekend play? Its obvious some people make more money at weekends, and I would like to know how there playing. Would someone be willing to play 4-6 tables while I do and watch my play? someone experianced?
      I obviously need to adjust my style a huge amount when i'm playing weekends.

Stiev
    • jmaric7
      jmaric7
      Bronze
      Weekends are killing me- during the week I managed to built my bankroll up to 500$, but then came weekend and I am back to 100 or even less. This is killing me. My set of A doesnt worth nothing because some crazy MF is calling me with J2 suit and gets flush (3 times in row was I beaten on river from same player). so I hate fishes- weekends are absolutly no go for me any more.

I know how you feel. I am thinking to let go poker if this is going to happen to me in next 2 weeks. It is just waste of time- and knowing that some idiot player will made hand on river with trash is too much for me.

hope this will help u, that u are not only one that is loosing money on weekends.

good luck in future and no more bad luck to you
    • sw0ldo
      sw0ldo
      Bronze
      lol cashgameaments
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      jmaric, thankyou for your reply. It helps knowing am not the only one, sry if that sounds bad. I hope you dont stop playing, hope you get over it. I am definaitly not playing weekends anymore. I am going to just try mon-fri as normal, an see if I am back to winning ways.

Wish good luck to you at the tables, an thx again jmaric.

Stiev
    • sw0ldo
      sw0ldo
      Bronze
      More bad players play on weekends = more profit. Stop being so results orientated - you are just running/playing bad.
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      Just finished playing 1000+ hands at PartyPoker, on NL10, strickly following SSS, and these are the results:

- Starting balance: 29.10 USD
      - Closing balance: 14.88 USD
      - Net loss: 14.22 USD (142 BB)

Come on, this must be a joke... half my bankroll gone...

After 800 hands it was looking 'ok' (losing about 2 USD), but the last 200 hands really sucked. AA cracked on the flop (by flush), KK cracked by 22, each single time I got a lower pair, somebody just had AA or KK.

When I had AK, AQ, AJ or KQ in middle or late position, I had gotten lots of limpers and had to raise to 0.70 or more... just to see somebody re-raise and having to go all-in (according to strategy) and losing every time.

I was playing 6-8 table, selecting my tables carefully... come on... sometimes I was sitting with 8-9 BS, with at least 3 calling stations...

I know downswings are normal when playing SSS, but I just hope this one ends before my bankroll does...

I'm angry, I didn't tilt, but I will resume playing on Monday, weekends just don't seem to work for me... (last 2 weekends had also downswings, but only 50-100 BB).
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      swoldo, I think too many bad players at 1 table is a bad thing. After all how do you put 3-4 people on a certain hand range. There impossible to predict therefore harder to play I think. I know people will look at this and think WTF, but I know alot will know where i'm coming from.

I have thought about the whole quiting thing, and i'm going to continue my midweek play as usuall. For a month or so atleast. I'm going to watch my limit for a few hours on sat/sun and make notes to help my midweek game.

Thx for the replies guys, specially amirapuato + jmaric7

Stiev
    • sw0ldo
      sw0ldo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cannell555
      swoldo, I think too many bad players at 1 table is a bad thing.
      So so wrong.
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      swoldo, I think too many bad players at 1 table is a bad thing. After all how do you put 3-4 people on a certain hand range. There impossible to predict therefore harder to play I think. I know people will look at this and think WTF, but I know alot will know where i'm coming from.

I have thought about the whole quiting thing, and i'm going to continue my midweek play as usuall. For a month or so atleast. I'm going to watch my limit for a few hours on sat/sun and make notes to help my midweek game.

Thx for the replies guys, specially amirapuato + jmaric7

Stiev
      You don't need to put people on ranges. Vs. lots of fishes you skip all moves and go for straightforward ABC valuepoker. Making valuebets preflop with strong hands vs calling stations (raising a bit bigger with aces FE, if they call 80% of the time anyway). It's way more profitable to play vs fishes then it is to play vs nonfishes. Where fishes can make your life harder, is in S&g's, where their loose calls can sometimes be -ev$ for you too. But on cash, bring me some dutch people/americans/Uk people just spewing money away.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      helemaalnicks, you gonna do a coaching session on a 60% vpip NL10 table for us then? Show us how its done?
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      helemaalnicks, you gonna do a coaching session on a 60% vpip NL10 table for us then? Show us how its done?
      I think its hard to do a coaching on these kind of situations - since you have to find such a table first (during a coaching)- but it would be interesting for a video.

Nicks is spot on with what he is saying though. Against a fishy table you play simple ABC value poker. Bet when ahead - leave out moves and simply get the maximum out of your good hands while not investing anymore in marginal situations.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      A coaching session on pokerstars on a sunday, tables with 80% vpip, and many of them. Any coach interested? NL10. would love to see it!
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      FR or SH? I can do NL10, but, then again, who cant? Im actually a s&g player, so there are probably better players out there on cash, but even I could show you, yes.