[NL20-NL50] sh 25 playing Aks vs early open

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1616642
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP: $29.66 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 16, 3B: 0, AF: 1.5, Hands: 64

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BTN with K :heart: A :heart:
      1 fold, MP raises to $0.75, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2.50, 2 folds, MP calls $1.75

Flop: ($5.35) 5 :heart: 3 :diamond: 4 :spade: (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($5.35) 6 :club: (2 players)
      MP bets $3.05, Hero folds

On the flop I thought that since I will not make anything better to fold, since the default range that I assign to my opponents is quite strong like 99-JJ,QQ + AK, I might as well check behind. Is this a good thought process in this spot ?

I give up on the turn because I get scared of the board.

Other options for the hand?

Am I giving my opponents too much credit when they're calling 3bets OOP preflop? In the light of some recently watched videos I would be inclined to 3barrel in this spot, but can I do this with no hands on my opponent?
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I personally think AQ would call there once also you don´t let hands like JT or 98 to see free card+ they might easily bluff turn and river if you check back

On the flop I thought that since I will not make anything better to fold, since the default range that I assign to my opponents is quite strong like 99-JJ,QQ + AK, I might as well check behind. Is this a good thought process in this spot ?
      - his range should definitely be wider, definitely some broadway hands and maybe some suited connectors

Other options for the hand?
      - bet turn, barrel turn with you equity

Am I giving my opponents too much credit when they're calling 3bets OOP preflop?
      - yes

In the light of some recently watched videos I would be inclined to 3barrel in this spot, but can I do this with no hands on my opponent?
      - 3 barrel is not necessary, but with your equity I would prefer 2-barrel

best regards,
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Thanks Kaitz for answering my questions. I agree with your answers.