$4
      Hero:
      $9.5
      CO:
      $4.35
      BU:
      $9.39

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:spade: , A:club:
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, 2 folds, SB calls $0.10, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.28) Q:club: , 8:diamond: , 6:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.21, SB calls $0.21.

Turn: ($0.70) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.52, SB raises to $2.00, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $3.22

I marked this hand as soon as I played it! 3 months ago this was an instacall for me but not now... The only thing that stood out to me was that this wasn't the kind of player that would even call with J 10 so, to me, it could only have been a set I think, or did I level myself? I had been raising a lot, but I was getting a lot of good hands, but also not getting to many showdowns so there is a chance this guy decided to make a move I guess. Could/should I have called the raise, or less likely shoved, or was a fold the corrrect play here? Let me know what you think.

Thanks
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Ghartman,

Nah, I would say pretty standard and really good fold there! As you see your game has gotten better. Keep coming the hands and try to get your game better. Nice hand!

But yeah, on those stakes I'd raise 4xBB preflop. :D

Best Regards.
    • AxsisHalon
      AxsisHalon
      Bronze
      set there? 66 88? he should rise on flop, as he cannot be sure u gonna bet on turn and he should protect against FD, check/call set on this kind of flop bed idea imo. QQ he would raise preflop. So if set its 99 only, how likely it would be that? Imo he could hold any 2 and float as u said u had raised a lot of hands or he hold Q9.
      Is my thinking correct?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Nope, they are able to float also sets like that, especially on those limits. :)
    • Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AxsisHalon
      set there? 66 88? he should rise on flop, as he cannot be sure u gonna bet on turn and he should protect against FD, check/call set on this kind of flop bed idea imo. QQ he would raise preflop. So if set its 99 only, how likely it would be that? Imo he could hold any 2 and float as u said u had raised a lot of hands or he hold Q9.
      Is my thinking correct?
      Yeah,

He could easily slowplay a set of 6's or 8's like this. You see it all the time at nl4. Either that or, as you say, he binked a 9 on the turn to give him a set of 9's. Albeit over a small sample size, he has an aggression factor of 1.3 and even without stats I could see that he was rarely 3-betting. I'm pretty confident I was beat here....
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      Standard Baluga spot.

NH WP