Sweat partners

• WillyD
      WillyD
      Bronze
      Hi all,

I'm actually playing NL10 and having a mediocre win/rate of 1.5BB/100 hands.

So i thought i could look for some sweat partners to talk about tricks, ideas or any helpful info to help ourselves grind out NL10 and finally arrive to NL25 :D

If anybody's interested, just reply and we could talk about NL10 in this thread :)

Hopping this will work!
  • 18 replies
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      im also playing NL10 and this sounds pretty interesting, friend request sent :D
    • WillyD
      WillyD
      Bronze
      Nice :)

Had a bad beat today lost 5 buy ins ... i tilted :D

Gotta work on my mindset... I just can't help it when some fishie sucks me out 3 times in a row :P

In NL2 and NL4 i just flew over everybody because i was running good and had a big edge over them, but now i'm crossing little downswings and it seems i have a big fish on them donks but can't hit anything against them...

So i started to play a bit tighter pre flop and for the last hour it worked :)

What's your playing style? Have you looked to any videos on PS?
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      I generally play standard tag, but I'll often limp behind with low pocket pairs/ suited connected and ahh gotta love a fish that anyways finds that miracle card on the river :p yeah if you ve got a fish calling station just tighten up pre flop, don't c bet as much if you don't hit and take him to value town when yu do :D how many tables do you play
    • WillyD
      WillyD
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advices, I figured them out not so long ago and helped me :P

Just got another suckout but this time no tilt :D

I play only 4 tables SH to concentrate on my opponents and be more aware of the dynamics :P

Maybe I'm just in a kind of downswing, idk

But for today the standard TAG works very well :D

I tried to play a LAG style a bit like TwiceT but it seems like i wasn't good enough :D

How many hands have you played in NL10? Do you use a hud?
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      well im trying to set up the beta for PT4 atm but it wont let me configure the database so im i have idea what im suppose to do :f_mad:

i 4 table as well and ive played 6k hands for NL10 on party, havnt really played any other limits, couple shots at Nl25, but thats it, i dont use stats atm though but i wanna start

ahhh good no tilt :D im upp $25 so far today for around 400 hands, hhh good no tilt :D im upp $25 so far today for around 400 hands which is nice

how many hands have yu played and do you use stats?
    • WillyD
      WillyD
      Bronze
      Yes i use stats! you should try pokerstrategy.com elephant beta! it works for me and it's better than nothing :) helps in some situations!

I already played 16k hands but i just ran into a downswing so I didn't make a lot of money on this limit... It's frustrating but i'm confident that i'll be able to go forward :)

Hope tomorrow will be a good day!
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      ive got elephant set up but i cant use the stats on there, im offically now using stats :D i got the beta to pokertracker 4 set up and the stats are really good
    • WillyD
      WillyD
      Bronze
      Nice :) There weren't any codes left for me though :(

At least elephant does an OK job...
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hey guys,

just moving this thread to community, hope you don't mind :)
      we generally try to keep GPD for epic/critically useful threads.

cheers,
      wendy

ps if you are having problems with the elephant, just post in the Elephant forum and the software ninjas will surely pick it up :)

have you guys read the articles on how to work with stats? i think they are in the Silver Strategy article section :)
    • WillyD
      WillyD
      Bronze
      No problem with moving the thread :)

I haven't had big problems with elephant so far thanks for the help!

I prefer watching videos than reading articles because they discuss about more specific situations and they are way more entertaining :)
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      ah yes thats cool too. everyone has a preferred way of learning and you should do what's best for you :)
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      willy, have yu got skype? would be good to have a sweat session some time next week, whats the program where yu can see another players screen?

and purple, no problem :D im read one of the articles and have a brief look at the others, ive just got the main stats, VPIP,PFR, 3 bet, 4 bet, c bet, fold to flop c bet, fold to turn c bet
    • WillyD
      WillyD
      Bronze
      I got skype but i'll have to go buy a mic

I'll try to do this as soon as i can i'll tell you when i got one :)
    • FatSunny
      FatSunny
      Bronze
      what site you boys playing on?
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      i play on party i duno about will
    • WillyD
      WillyD
      Bronze
      i'm on party too haven't had the time to buy a mic for the moment...

i'll get it soon :)
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      bought a mic yet? ;P
    • swtorcreditss1
      swtorcreditss1
      Basic
      im also playing NL10 :P