This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Sweat partners

• WillyD
      WillyD
      Bronze
      Hi all,

I'm actually playing NL10 and having a mediocre win/rate of 1.5BB/100 hands.

So i thought i could look for some sweat partners to talk about tricks, ideas or any helpful info to help ourselves grind out NL10 and finally arrive to NL25 :D

If anybody's interested, just reply and we could talk about NL10 in this thread :)

Hopping this will work!
  • 18 replies
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      im also playing NL10 and this sounds pretty interesting, friend request sent :D
    • WillyD
      WillyD
      Bronze
      Nice :)

Had a bad beat today lost 5 buy ins ... i tilted :D

Gotta work on my mindset... I just can't help it when some fishie sucks me out 3 times in a row :P

In NL2 and NL4 i just flew over everybody because i was running good and had a big edge over them, but now i'm crossing little downswings and it seems i have a big fish on them donks but can't hit anything against them...

So i started to play a bit tighter pre flop and for the last hour it worked :)

What's your playing style? Have you looked to any videos on PS?
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      I generally play standard tag, but I'll often limp behind with low pocket pairs/ suited connected and ahh gotta love a fish that anyways finds that miracle card on the river :p yeah if you ve got a fish calling station just tighten up pre flop, don't c bet as much if you don't hit and take him to value town when yu do :D how many tables do you play
    • WillyD
      WillyD
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advices, I figured them out not so long ago and helped me :P

Just got another suckout but this time no tilt :D

I play only 4 tables SH to concentrate on my opponents and be more aware of the dynamics :P

Maybe I'm just in a kind of downswing, idk

But for today the standard TAG works very well :D

I tried to play a LAG style a bit like TwiceT but it seems like i wasn't good enough :D

How many hands have you played in NL10? Do you use a hud?
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      well im trying to set up the beta for PT4 atm but it wont let me configure the database so im i have idea what im suppose to do :f_mad:

i 4 table as well and ive played 6k hands for NL10 on party, havnt really played any other limits, couple shots at Nl25, but thats it, i dont use stats atm though but i wanna start

ahhh good no tilt :D im upp $25 so far today for around 400 hands, hhh good no tilt :D im upp $25 so far today for around 400 hands which is nice

how many hands have yu played and do you use stats?
    • WillyD
      WillyD
      Bronze
      Yes i use stats! you should try pokerstrategy.com elephant beta! it works for me and it's better than nothing :) helps in some situations!

I already played 16k hands but i just ran into a downswing so I didn't make a lot of money on this limit... It's frustrating but i'm confident that i'll be able to go forward :)

Hope tomorrow will be a good day!
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      ive got elephant set up but i cant use the stats on there, im offically now using stats :D i got the beta to pokertracker 4 set up and the stats are really good
    • WillyD
      WillyD
      Bronze
      Nice :) There weren't any codes left for me though :(

At least elephant does an OK job...
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hey guys,

just moving this thread to community, hope you don't mind :)
      we generally try to keep GPD for epic/critically useful threads.

cheers,
      wendy

ps if you are having problems with the elephant, just post in the Elephant forum and the software ninjas will surely pick it up :)

have you guys read the articles on how to work with stats? i think they are in the Silver Strategy article section :)
    • WillyD
      WillyD
      Bronze
      No problem with moving the thread :)

I haven't had big problems with elephant so far thanks for the help!

I prefer watching videos than reading articles because they discuss about more specific situations and they are way more entertaining :)
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      ah yes thats cool too. everyone has a preferred way of learning and you should do what's best for you :)
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      willy, have yu got skype? would be good to have a sweat session some time next week, whats the program where yu can see another players screen?

and purple, no problem :D im read one of the articles and have a brief look at the others, ive just got the main stats, VPIP,PFR, 3 bet, 4 bet, c bet, fold to flop c bet, fold to turn c bet
    • WillyD
      WillyD
      Bronze
      I got skype but i'll have to go buy a mic

I'll try to do this as soon as i can i'll tell you when i got one :)
    • FatSunny
      FatSunny
      Bronze
      what site you boys playing on?
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      i play on party i duno about will
    • WillyD
      WillyD
      Bronze
      i'm on party too haven't had the time to buy a mic for the moment...

i'll get it soon :)
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      bought a mic yet? ;P
    • swtorcreditss1
      swtorcreditss1
      Basic
      im also playing NL10 :P