[NL2-NL10] NL2 SH: KQo

• michel2311
      michel2311
      Bronze
      Since I have 2 pair and I'm thinking that I'm most of the time ahead I call the shove on the river. Range him here to a Kx. Should I play this hand differently??

Everest - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG: $3.28
      MP: $1.99
      CO: $1.53
      BTN: $1.97
      SB: $1.13
      Hero (BB): $2.70

SB posts SB $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has K:diamond: Q:spade:

fold, MP calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, fold, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.08, 4 players) Q:heart: 5:club: 6:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.06, fold, CO calls $0.06, fold

Turn: ($0.20, 2 players) K:club:
      Hero bets $0.13, CO raises to $0.26, Hero raises to $0.98, CO calls $0.72

River: ($2.16, 2 players) 3:heart:
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.47 and is all-in, Hero raises to $1.64 and is all-in
  • 5 replies
    • Nocco88
      Nocco88
      Bronze
      I think this hand is good enough to isolate the limpers preflop, even that you are OOP. On the flop, I just bet pot size to build the pot. On the turn, it is interesting, but he could do it with draws and weaker 2 pairs, so i just broke on the turn, to protect my hand from the draws. As played, the river broke is not good, because he could easily have a flush.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello michel2311,

Why do you Bet so small on the turn? Why ain't you just shoving the turn for protection? If you plan to continue on the turn then against his stack just shove the turn.

Best Regards.
    • michel2311
      michel2311
      Bronze
      Thanks for your comments!!!

And yes I should have made a bigger bet on the turn and after his raise shove. But I think I was blind for the flushdraw here and only saw a K-board and the 2 pairs in my hand. Even after I saw his hand (KThh) it took a minute to realise that I had lost. Main problem here is that I play too much tables. So back to 1 or 2 tables, gives me more time to think, for a while and see of it then goes better.
    • Nocco88
      Nocco88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello michel2311,

Why do you Bet so small on the turn? Why ain't you just shoving the turn for protection? If you plan to continue on the turn then against his stack just shove the turn.

Best Regards.
      I understand that we need to protect our hand, but if we just overbet (shove) the turn, won't we lose value? Because if we bet around pot size on the turn, he will call us with some kind of draw, and if his draw doesn't come we win extra value from him. But if we just shove on the turn, then he can fold his draw there.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I understand that we need to protect our hand, but if we just overbet (shove) the turn, won't we lose value? Because if we bet around pot size on the turn, he will call us with some kind of draw, and if his draw doesn't come we win extra value from him. But if we just shove on the turn, then he can fold his draw there.

Our Pot size raise would be practically his stack. :D So I am just shipping it.