How many people on the forum..

• Roya1flush
      Roya1flush
      Bronze
      When i first joined the forum it was pretty busy, a lot of people use to post a lot of hands and a lot of discussion use to go on..

But it seems to me that its been pretty quiet recently, (Maybe the easter holiday)

How many users do we have borwsing on a daily basis or like other forums you could have list of people on the froum currently..

Just a thought..
  • 31 replies
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      I think the addition of all the other language communities was a mistake.
      We should have united all non-German, non-Russian speaking knowledge on this board ... now you have multiple quite inactive boards :(
    • Roya1flush
      Roya1flush
      Bronze
      yea that must be the reason..
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      I believe the forums will grow. ;)

Originally posted by SonicXT
      I think the addition of all the other language communities was a mistake.
      The fact is that not all counties have good English speakers. Therefore it'll be better to create their own communities and let them study as well as post in their mother language. In fact these users are more active in their forums than they're if they are forced to stay in the English community. That's why we need to offer our content available in diffirent languages.

Best regards,
      thunderbird56
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      I understand, but there's a serious trade off and that's that you split up knowledge.
      That's why I made a post in the German forum for permission to sometimes post a hand or ask a question in English as my German is insufficient (I can read, can't write) and they're granted it. Over here, there are only a handful NL100+ players active anyway and some of them have decreased their activity on this board as well, i.e. Timor, Undercover, ... which further diminishes the value this board has to offer nowadays.
      So in the future, it's possible I might post my hands over there ... even if my German sucks, that's less important than the combined knowledge of many (semi)pros and good amateurs.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      I understand, but there's a serious trade off and that's that you split up knowledge.
      That's why I made a post in the German forum for permission to sometimes post a hand or ask a question in English as my German is insufficient (I can read, can't write) and they're granted it. Over here, there are only a handful NL100+ players active anyway and some of them have decreased their activity on this board as well, i.e. Timor, Undercover, ... which further diminishes the value this board has to offer nowadays.
      So in the future, it's possible I might post my hands over there ... even if my German sucks, that's less important than the combined knowledge of many (semi)pros and good amateurs.
      If you do post in other boards, then double-post here with the good answers etc - otherwise you're just making this board even less active and "complete"
    • Roya1flush
      Roya1flush
      Bronze
      I agree with Swiss

I will have to be here always as i do not speak any other language apart from Bengali (Which i dont this there will be a different forum for)

so if people start to move to other forums then this one will slowly get effected..

I do wish and hope this community will grow even more..
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      I don't move over, and I haven't done anything so far. But it's a concern for me because the group at the higher levels here is pretty limited. But I will crosspost here when I'd post a hand there, of course.

If only the UK/US forced Germans to speak English, it would be a lot easier, they had 2 chances to do so :D
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      The group at the higher levels here is rather non existent , maybe because most of us come from gambling countries (UK , mediterranean , australia , etc) :tongue: .
      So there is no motivation for me to post here or content to improve my game any more - which is a complaint i have from PS but its acceptable i guess since i am a minority - , but i still make the occasional posts from time to time.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by undercover82
      The group at the higher levels here is rather non existent , maybe because most of us come from gambling countries (UK , mediterranean , australia , etc) :tongue: .
      So there is no motivation for me to post here or content to improve my game any more - which is a complaint i have from PS but its acceptable i guess since i am a minority - , but i still make the occasional posts from time to time.
      I'll pay you 1$ per (instructional, useful) post, if that's motivation enough :)
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      You can post them in the German forums and double post them here, for you to get judged there, and us to try to understand those plays :)
      It's ok to post hands in the Germans forum with a small disclaimer, I think the higher staked players have little options :)
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      Yeah. The german community seems massive compared to the English.

I like the idea of cross posting. Maybe even have it as some sort of content if need be, I know there are already many german to english translators for the articles and such so maybe selective hand reports from the german forum is a possibility. Just an idea :)
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ManniXXX
      Yeah. The german community seems massive compared to the English.

I like the idea of cross posting. Maybe even have it as some sort of content if need be, I know there are already many german to english translators for the articles and such so maybe selective hand reports from the german forum is a possibility. Just an idea :)
      I am actually going to work on getting a lot of the very useful German threads transfered over here (e.g. good FAQs, software developed by the community, collections of good threads etc.) but currently don't have the resources yet. Give it ~3 more weeks until it gets under way more ;)
    • Floating
      Floating
      Bronze
      I know there are already many german to english translators for the articles
      maybe... but none of them seem to succeed at translating the omaha articles for example...
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      They're in the works, apparently. And I'm already looking forward to rewrite them again. :tongue:
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      The reason I am posting less regulary is quite similar to undercovers: I just don't feel that the forum has a lot to offer me anymore. It's some bottom-up structure and when you reach the top (being it NL400+), there's really not much here that can catch my interest.

Originally posted by Floating
      I know there are already many german to english translators for the articles
      maybe... but none of them seem to succeed at translating the omaha articles for example...
      I can only speak out of personal experience, but I've offered to translate articles from German to English about 2 to 3 times in the past. So far, I have only translated one as sort of a testcase for me to see whether or not my translations were good enough. They were, and new articles would be send. Haven't heard from that again since then (which is now 2 months ago I think), so maybe that's the reason why those translations are progressing so slowly.
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      Oh, and about the multilanguage communities: I think they're well worth the trade-off between knowledge concentration and more personal service. The dutch part, where I'm a hand judge, is clearly becoming more active, and after all, every community has to grow. I have no doubt that, in time, those communities will stand at least close to the level that the English one is now.
    • Roya1flush
      Roya1flush
      Bronze
      I can understand how members get to a level where they feel that the board can no longer offer them much, but it will still be good to see those members offering advice and help to other new members...

Myself personaly once i get to my target level and once i see my self to be a very experienced player i will always be around to help others as this forum has made me the kind of player i am now... (Profitable player)
    • Sebra
      Sebra
      Bronze
      If only the UK/US forced Germans to speak English, it would be a lot easier, they had 2 chances to do so :D
      All good things come in threes. So give us a third try to convince you that we are the greatest! :-D

Deutsch ist so eine schoene Sprache!
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I tried at my work, but when I talk english to them they just look weird and say "huh?" or "was?" and then I talk german again :(