Strategy points not reflecting earnings?

• Jimanyjerk
      Jimanyjerk
      Bronze
      This may be premature but if it is the case then I will probably lose Silver status which makes me sad.

On the 29th I played for 141 hands, had a wicked upswing won 3 BI, and called it quits thinking I'd made my one SP.

Today it seems to be updated and it says

"29 Jan 12 0.17 0.00 0.17" as in .17 of a SP."

I'll deal with it if it is correct, I guess I'll just have to grind back up silver, but .17 of an SP sounds WAY too low considering I doubled up 3 times and also lost some back.

Here is a graph and matching session summary from elephant to verify.

^This damn image won't shrink for me in IMGUR, sorry.
      All major hands reached the flop or further.

Is this a mistake? Is my shiny silver status that I'm so proud of destined to be tarnished ruddy bronze again??

Hopefully it'll resolve itself and this post can be forgotten about for the rest of time,

Garet
  • 9 replies
    • padu90
      padu90
      Bronze
      same problem here i played alot , earned 350 titan points and got only 36 strategy points
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi Jimanyjerk,

it's true, the status points are not related to your earnings at all but how much rake you generate/how many points you earn at the poker room.

it is difficult to tell this exactly because they can widely vary depending on the limit and the room. honestly, 140 hands doesn't seem much to me. it is like 20-30 minutes 4tabling right?

dont be discouraged. the month isnt over. it's still Jan31 right? some little time left to catch up on getting the points you need :) ship it!

smiles,
      wendy

PS it may also be the case that there is just some delay in updating the points. they continuously update as we receive data from the rooms. :)
      if you have a tracker of some sort (like Holdem Manager), you can look at the amount of rake you made and check it against the table here:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/status-points
    • Jimanyjerk
      Jimanyjerk
      Bronze
      lol nvm, thanks for the help though peoples! I don't think it ended up registering but maybe because I just had silver I was able to keep it for the next month.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      you're welcome Garet. so thats your name. its much nicer than Jimany i always end up imagining the cricket in Pinocchio. :D

anyway its ok, lets go for the nice silver this month! :)
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      I was diamond my first three weeks and very terrible. Seems rake does not equal results...
    • Jimanyjerk
      Jimanyjerk
      Bronze
      lol did not keep silver, oh well. I'll have to work hard to maintain silver by a large margin apparently :P

I've used this moniker for a while now, coming up on 8 years. I have no reason why.

G. works too though so many people use it, it may as well stand for generic!
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      G is cool too. that's what i'm gonna call you from now :D unless i forget :facepalm:

also +1 to Targetme, status does not equal results either with the possible exception of BM :f_biggrin:
    • Korn
      Korn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jimanyjerk
      lol did not keep silver, oh well. I'll have to work hard to maintain silver by a large margin apparently :P

I've used this moniker for a while now, coming up on 8 years. I have no reason why.

Just to let you know, for each day in which you generate at least 1 SP, you can a bonus of 10 SP.

Thus, to get silver, it's enough to be active for 10 days per month, even if you just do 1 SP on each of these days.
    • Jimanyjerk
      Jimanyjerk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Korn
      Originally posted by Jimanyjerk

Just to let you know, for each day in which you generate at least 1 SP, you can a bonus of 10 SP.

Thus, to get silver, it's enough to be active for 10 days per month, even if you just do 1 SP on each of these days.
      Yes I truly appreciate that bonus as it allows a student like me the opportunity for a much higher level of learning despite my limited amount of play time. My issue was an apparently massive disparity between the amount which is usually sufficient to garner 1 strategy point and the amount of strategy point I received on the 29th. 3 double ups on NL 4 is usually enough for me to gather 1 sp but the poker room reported an amount of rake equivalent to .14 strategy point. I should have played more to be certain that I had earned enough but of course mid-terms arrive at the end of January as well :rolleyes:

It's no problem now because it's too late anyway :)

Hilariously enough

New Party Poker Strategy Point earnings

Such timing!

Thanks for the reply everybody, I shall be raising the silver chip again in a months time! :P

Garet fighting!