BSS vs. SSS

• Castle93
      Castle93
      Silver
      I currently play NL10 BSS on party and was interested in getting the opinion of some people that have played BSS and SSS and what you guys prefer. the basic SSS articles say to buy in for 20bb for you have to buy in for a minimum 30bb on party, is this still SSS or getting to MSS
  • 4 replies
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      SSS tilts me so hard. Its pretty much waiting for an opportunity to get it in pre.

If you know how to play BSS then you won't be doing yourself a favour playing SSS.
    • faronel
      faronel
      Bronze
      Both strategies have pros and cons.

SSS pros
      - you dont have much money and dont feel sure enough investing money in certain hands (moneyscared) - but that doesnt seem the case for you, since you play BSS at NL10 (asuming the bankroll management criteria is filled). Or maybe you want to go higher with SSS, but dont have full roll for BSS?
      - your postflop play needs a lot of improvement and you are basic "lets get it in" player.

SSS cons
      - you lose a potential profit value at the table (stacks for stacks, there is a difference between lets say 8 dollars pot and 20 dollars pot at NL10).
      - slower bonuses completion (SSS is more conservative play: less hands, less pots, less rake... you get the picture). Unless, of course, you are hardcore shortstacker at 6-max tables. :)
      - like KozakFB mentioned, it can be boring, but if you are good at multitasking, it can be compensated by increasing the amount of tables you are playing simultaneously.
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Silver
      thanks for your advice guys ill stick to BSS by the sounds of it :D
    • Slurpee
      Slurpee
      Bronze
      yep the way i look at it is if you're skilled enough to make a profit at the limit, you will do it either way if playing SSS or BSS... however with SSS you're limiting yourself to win a much smaller amount, so it will take many more hands. unless of course you play SSS but add a bunch more tables i don't see how it can be more profitable then BSS