This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] overpair vs. wet IP on dry flop

• Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $8.67
      BU:
      $7.68

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:heart: , A:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.40, 3 folds, BU calls $0.40, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.95) T:spade: , 8:spade: , 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.6, BU raises to $1.20, Hero calls $0.60.

Turn: ($3.35) A:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.7, Hero raises to $2.64, BU calls $1.94.

River: ($8.63) 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.1, BU calls $3.44 (All-In).

Final Pot: $16.17

So when he raises here i was putting him on a 10x hand or JJ-QQ, whats the best line to get maximum value out of these hands, should i have 3 bet the flop? i called to trap with a c/r as i thought he would double barrel most hands on the turn apart from any draw he may have been semi bluffing with.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Castle93,

Add to full stack. :)

But as played while he has a lot of draws/Tx hands in his range I would just 3bet it right on the flop and play for the stacks.

But as played you should definitely Check/Raise the turn bigger and with the opponents stack left I'd even just Check/Shove.

Best Regards.
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      ill usually have auto rebuy to max on i just forgot this time, and would check/shoving the turn not scare a lot of 10x hands away?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Castle93
      ill usually have auto rebuy to max on i just forgot this time, and would check/shoving the turn not scare a lot of 10x hands away?
      We shouldn't be talking about this play at all on the turn. :P We should rather talk about how to play it on the flop. And I don't really care if I scare away a lot of Ax hands or not, we need to protect our hand!