[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - KQo

• numbnutter
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $4.24 (42.4 bb)
      CO: $17.18 (171.8 bb)
      BTN: $11.69 (116.9 bb)
      SB: $7.04 (70.4 bb)
      Hero (BB): $10 (100 bb)
      UTG: $7.66 (76.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q K
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, SB calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($1.20) 5 K 8 (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, CO bets $0.85, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.85

Turn: ($2.90) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.38, Hero calls $1.38

River: ($5.66) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, CO calls $2.50

Results: $10.66 pot ($0.51 rake)
      Final Board: 5 K 8 7 Q
      CO mucked 9 K and lost (-$5.03 net)
      Hero showed Q K and won $10.15 ($5.12 net)

Villain was fairly aggro - 32/24 with 20.9% 3bet over 116 hands

Is a passive line best here? I was playing this as way ahead/way behind, putting villain on either a better or worse king, but trying to represent that I was drawing to the flush. Of course on the river i'm pretty lucky and spike 2 pair, I think the bet represents a busted flush pretty well though. Is it worth betting bigger on the river to make it look more bluffy, or is he unlikely to call much more?
  • 2 replies
    • qMantas
      I like to lead out this drawy flop for protection and value because it's 4 way pot. I think on the river I'm betting around 4$ maybe more... NH !
    • luizsilveira
      Hi, numbnutter.

With your hand I'm even likely to squeeze big and try to collect all the dead money, especially since the CO is rather loose.

Postflop I think it's fine. Leading is ok and you kind of represent a draw too, but I think check/calling is ok as well if you know the CO is so aggro.

On the turn it gets tricky as he bets so small and could easily be on a bluff himself. You hand is not really worth a check/raise though so I think going for the bluffcatch is "ok" (not great of course but ok). This is not wa/wb though since there a a billion draws he can have on that turn since he has a wide range.

On the river I'm not usually donking as I think he might bet once again, especially to make you fold your flush draws and medium pairs. Since he has a wide range he might end up with a T9 type of hand there that can't do much but bet again - not to mention he can have the club draw himself. If he has AK or AA he's probably betting again for value anyway, as well as middle two pairs like 78. So I'll check/call once more - and with very good reads I might even check/shove and put him on a tough spot with AA/AK/AJ and all two pair hands (he might be easily playing K8s/K7s). But then again, that's high variance and read-dependant especially this being a 4way pot.

Lastly, I think if you are to donk then you should donk bigger indeed. Question is: what to do if HE shoves over?