[NL2-NL10] ATs

• cozacu
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with T, A.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, SB raises to $0.32, BB folds, Hero calls $0.22.

Flop: ($0.68) 9, T, 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.48, Hero calls $0.48.

Turn: ($1.64) Q (2 players)
      SB bets $0.92, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.64.

villain 22/15 3bet5.3 a.f 2.5 cbet80% 103hands

PF i don;t like the call here at all regarding his stats
  • 3 replies
    • muel294
      Given his 3b% I'm not convinced we should be folding here pre.

I think we can safely assume villain would know that you are opening lighter from the button, therefore he will be 3betting you lighter. Maybe he has some small pairs, SC's, weaker suited AX's and some KX in there? (or is that assuming too much and too optimistic?)

We are still slightly behind vs his range but I think we can still play profitably IP if we are prepared to float some flops (since he cbet % is fairly high).

Equity     Win     Tie
      BU     45.91%  41.96%   3.95% { AdTd }
      SB     54.09%  50.14%   3.95% { 55+, A7s+, KJs+, QJs, JTs, T9s, 98s, 87s, ATo+, KQo }

I certainly wouldn't 4b here as we are only 4b bluffing. So call/fold pre IMO.

I would say our line depends on how aggressive we think villain is or whether he has many semi-bluff's in his range that he might play bet/3b shove with on the flop, or complete air (eg AQo/AKo) that he plays bet/fold with. If so then we might have to play raise/call on the flop, although we might not even be in very good shape vs semi-bluffs if called.

The alternative is to call the flop and re-evaluate turn. Problem with this is that villain sees the turn relatively cheaply and there are some really bad turn cards for us. Eg a Q which I think villain can profitably 2nd barrell on.

Not sure tbh, interesting hand. Will be interested to see coaches comments
    • cozacu
      Thx for sharing your opinion muel... i was thinking about raising on the flop,and it would have made it way easier... calling there i was hoping to see a brick or an A on turn... if he checks the turn and it's something less horrible than that Q,i bet it and usually i can take down the pot.
    • luizsilveira
      Hi, cozacu!

Calling preflop with such a nice SPR is passable, esp. if your opponent tends to spew.

Raising flop is def. an option but what are you trying to accomplish? If he shoves over all his draws and stuff you have to fold, and if he folds we were ahead anyway.

Same goes for turn. Depending on villain I might even check back that turn as I don't want to bet and make his AJ or AK fold. Rather try to induce a river call/spew or to get an A to hit and get paid off by those hands.

I think as played it's fine but it ain't a spot where you'll make much money anyway. Since you have not much info on him the turn fold is quite fine, not much to add.