$3.76
      SB:
      $3.40
      BB:
      $4.00
      MP2:
      $2.93

Preflop: Hero is CO with 2, A.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.12, Hero raises to $0.36, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.24.

Flop: ($0.78) A, 7, 9 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.40, MP3 calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.58) T (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.50, MP3 calls $0.50.

River: ($2.58) T (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $2.58.

Villain 26/21 41%steal 10.1 3bet ,af 2.7 hands225

Reason why I cbet that small it's because that's pretty much how much i bet on A high boards... and it usually gets the job done(no matter if i hit with AK or i miss)... regarding that i will miss more than hit with Ax hands i think it is more profitable than just cbeting 3/4 all the time on A high flops.Is this correct?:D

I made that turn bet that small for two reasons: 1) i want to keep pairs like JJ,QQ,KK, or Tx in the hand (i consider this guy pretty much a fish and i see him calling with these hands) 2)i don't want to see a donk bet on river

What do you think about the way i played the hand and the thinking process?
  • 2 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, cozacu!

I usually tend to think 3betting bigger is better at these stakes. 3,5x in position, for example. And I'm not sure 3betting for bluffing makes sense on NL4; what I am sure is, if you consider him a fish like you said, then 3betting as a bluff makes no sense whatsoever.

On the flop betting 1/2 pot on 3bet pots is fairly standard, especially on dry boards.

On the turn, if you think he is not check/raising often that's borderline fine. I'd probably think it's better to check and bet river... it looks more bluffy and will get more calls by JJ/QQ etc.

But all in all, I think you could have checked behind the flop. It balances your checking back range - even though JJ and A2 there are practically the same unless you think he flats KK and QQ often.

I don't think you have two streets of value so it's better to check flop and turn and bet river, or check flop / bet turn / check river. Betting flop I think only makes sense with history, if he knows you'll bluff a lot on Axx boards and will call you too light too often.
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      Well i like to play hands like this not just IP but with the initiative.
      3betting here gives me not just the initiative but also let's me isolate him and does not let the aggressive players from behind me to sq so easily ... i also see him calling with Kx,Qx hands vs witch i`m ahead...if i do hit my flush or straight and he`s got a good piece of the board i`ll take his whole stack... and ofc there is the option in witch he folds preflop and i take down the pot(he had 50%fold to 3bet witch is not that much i know,still).

Is any of that wrong?
      i`m still inclined to think 3betting here in this spot is better... i do call sometimes with such hands,but i do think that the difference by 3betting or calling is made by the opponent in the first place and then by the guys who are after you to act.

I`m not trying to argue for the sake of me being right,it`s just a point of view,you can be most certain that i respect your opinion and i`m here to learn so let me know if i`m wrong.Ty