Is this standard?

• TakeManies
      TakeManies
      Bronze
      Turbo games on ongame, 3 minute blinds! Kind of losing hope...but maybe there is a way back.

Is it standard? Should I just give up? I put loads of time and effort into playing and reading but this is what happens.

I'm currently reading the mental game of poker to try to overcome the negative out look I now have every time I load up the software.

Thanks for input :coolface:
  • 10 replies
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      70 buyins below ev over 2k games is sick.. But, running horrible is standard and the smaller the edges you push, the bigger the variance will be. With quick blinds like that you're in push\fold mode quick so you'll be pushing small edges all the time. It's not nice but I reckon you should play a good 10k games before you make any decisions, you're obviously getting it all in with the best of it more often than not.
    • TakeManies
      TakeManies
      Bronze
      Thanks for the reply.

It makes playing kind of pointless though, I'm only making money via bonuses or rakeback. I only play as a hobby and it's not enjoyable anymore. I put in a stupid amount of hours for nothing.

Do you think I should try the 8 minute games? I'm leaning towards just accepting the game's not for me!
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      It's too early to quit... Poker is a variance game anyway and when you're pushing small edges constantly the variance will be really bad. You played 2k games and you're way below ev.. There's no guarantee you'll ever get that back but it's highly likely you will. The variance is so high in these games you cant make a decision after only 2k.

Ultimately though you should play what you enjoy most for fun and what you're best at to make moniez! The choice is yours, just don't write these games over a small sample that's not gone your way.
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Before you ask in the future:

Everything in online poker is standard.

Losing to a 1 outer? Standard.

Board runs and triples up defeating your flopped straight? Standard.

Running 200BIs below EV? You better believe thats standard!
    • TakeManies
      TakeManies
      Bronze
      LOL it's true :)

I've thrown in the towel with the 3 minute blind games, going to try 1k games of the 8 minute blinds after I've finished Jared's book and see what that looks like. If it's more of the same then I'm out of here...

Ty for input again.
    • lycoreus
      lycoreus
      Bronze
      Originally posted by KozakFB

Then how the hell is someone supposed to make money out of this game?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lycoreus

Plenty of hard work and dedication! Hours of study along with hours of playing. Poker is a game that takes a minute to learn and a lifetime to master.

The harder we work on improving, the greater return will be in the long-run :)

Best regards,
      Gary
    • ulairiiii
      ulairiiii
      Bronze
      Turbo on ongame are basically super turbos with tons of reg that are making variance huge.Yes it is normal in ongame network
    • TakeManies
      TakeManies
      Bronze
      Just to give you all hope...oh wait it got worse :D I'm out of here now, obviously poker isn't for me :) No point in filling the pockets of others if I can't fill my own. Good luck!

• brobz
      brobz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lycoreus

get lucky