This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] sh 25 QQ on a K turn

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1618033
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $31.99 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 13, 3B: 0, AF: 3.0, Hands: 141

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with Q :spade: Q :club:
      UTG calls $0.25, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.20, BTN calls $1.20, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.95

Flop: ($3.95) 2 :club: 5 :spade: J :heart: (3 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $2.60, BTN calls $2.60, UTG folds

Turn: ($9.15) K :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.60, BTN raises to $25.51, Hero folds

1) I think I should make my cbet bigger 3-3.3. I think was something in the range of "the board is so dry that they can't have anything" but if anyone is calling, his going to call a bigger bet as well.

2)On the turn I made a bet/fold play in order to protect my hand and still get value from a worse value hand, but I think again that the bet should've been bigger.

Qa:Can I play differently on the turn?
      Qb:If I get called on the turn, what would be a good river plan?
  • 3 replies
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      first wrong button. :facepalm:
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      wrong button :f_mad:
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think flop bet size is fine. You´re making the same with your air, so unless you know villain is fish who would not make difference, I would usually keep my bet sizes the same.

Likely I would b/f turn, since I don´t expect players to turn their AcJc hands into bluffs and c/rai turn rather than c/c again and try to improve their hand

If I get called on the turn I would bet half pot river for value, since he has more likely Jx than Kx or better hand

best regards,