Alx's SNG blog -I am back-

• alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Gold
      i want to start this blog to keep me more motivated and keep track to my play.another reason is that i read through some blogs here and i think it will help me a lot to meet other players to discuss stretegy or about mind set because i am sure rough time will come and i want to be prepared.

i play the 7$ STT on poker stars.started with 50BI (350$) and i made first deposit bonus.didn't play the hole mounth because i started only last week.

January review: (only one week)
      Tournaments: 284 (250/week minimum)
      Winnings: 78.80$
      EV winnings: 198.59$
      Avg buyin: $7.00
      Vpp:1030
      FDB: cleared 50$

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • 248 replies
    • alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Gold
      i would apriciate if someone would help me with my signature :D
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hey, good luck with your SnG journey! I will follow your blog, hope you stay serious about it. It is definitely a good idea to keep you motivated, share info and improve.

As for you signature, I think you need to click on your "profile-options and unmark everything in it". This way, it should start working as a link.
    • alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Gold
      thanks man.

i take this very serios and i really try to improve and maybe one day play the limits you play :D .

about signature...i went on profile options but are only questions with yes or no.there is nothing to unmark:(
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/803/62662007.jpg/ try this one out. Just enlarge/zoom the pic and you will find out what I meant. Hope it works.
    • alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Gold
      it worked

thanks again
    • alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Gold
      so first week is over.i have been a bit lazy because i played only 200 games.anyway the goal for the mounth is still at least 1000 games.i will play more in this 3 weeks.

games are running pretty good.i might take a shot to the 15$ but first i want to get some confidence in my play.maybe someone is willing to do a sweat session or something to know that i am ready for the 15$
    • alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Gold
      so in last 80 games i had a downswing of about 30BI.i handle it pretty good but it affects a bit my volume.hope it will end soon:)

today i played some sattelits with my points and cashed in 3 out of 10 for 33$.
    • inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      Nice one mate! Keep on grinding!

People say that grinding STTs on Stars is tough due to the fact that there's a lot of Regs playing there - even though they all might not be so good, it's still bound to impact your ROI and make for more tough spots in-game.

I did grind $3.5s in my time and there were times where I've seen 4-5 Regs at a fullring table. I can't imagine how Reg-infested it must be at higher levels, like the 7s or the 15s you plan to play!

What's your take on this?
    • alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Gold
      i mark a the players that i see at multiple tables but i don't change my play against them so much until i see that he is good(push ATC BvB,push wider from late position and things like that) or see if they are bad like limp at t100 or higher and leaks like this.

where do you play?and how are the games?
    • inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alxpoker91
      i mark a the players that i see at multiple tables but i don't change my play against them so much until i see that he is good(push ATC BvB,push wider from late position and things like that) or see if they are bad like limp at t100 or higher and leaks like this.

where do you play?and how are the games?
      I play at Party - $3s and $6s. Games are very soft (esp. the $3s).

There are a few winning Regs on both of these, but they don't get into the way too much if you table select well.

If I do encounter a Reg at a table, I sit the furthest I can from them. I am a bit more careful vs them (like I wouldn't push 93o 10bb BvB, I push tighter from BTN if they're on the blinds, watch their behaviour to get reads etc).
    • alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Gold
      so there are 9 days left of the mounth.i try to grind 60 games a day this week to catch gold star on poker stars.this is like a chalenge to me.i play it in 2 sessions,one in the morning and one in the evening.is a bit hard but i really want to do it.

so far i have a big difference between EV and winnings.maybe this is why is so hard to grind.anywany i want to get out of this downswing so the only option is to grind.

see you later
    • alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Gold
      february is gone so here is the summary.

Tournaments: 898
      Winnings: -120$
      EV winnings: 186$
      Avg buyin: $7.00
      Vpp:2727
      FDB: cleared 160$

i faild to become goldstar and play 1000 games but it went pretty well because i was running bad and kind of demotivated me a bit but i almost never tilted.

over all i am running below EV like 60BI but i am not so affected(maybe because is not 60BI under 0).here is a graph

hope on march i will run better and achieve my goals.
    • inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      ah shit mate that is sick.

hope your mindset is fine! You did say you're not affected but I find it hard to believe! I treat times like these as an opportunity to increase the Study:Game ratio. It works well. You gain a lot of confidence!

good luck and don't let it break you
      Matt
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Keep your head up! Downswings like that are very common. You need to stay fresh, cool and put in a lot of volume. Things will come in place. Gl next month
    • alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Gold
      ah shit mate that is sick. hope your mindset is fine! You did say you're not affected but I find it hard to believe! I treat times like these as an opportunity to increase the Study:Game ratio. It works well. You gain a lot of confidence! good luck and don't let it break you Matt

thanks man

it really doesn't bother me,maybe because red line is positive but right now i try to concentrate more on making a schedule on playing and improve my volume.and you are right because now i try to improve my game more.

Keep your head up! Downswings like that are very common. You need to stay fresh, cool and put in a lot of volume. Things will come in place. Gl next month

thanks.i won't give up i will grind more :D
    • Gerovit
      Gerovit
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alxpoker91
      i would apriciate if someone would help me with my signature :D
      Innovative signature it is i must say, how long did you spend contemplating about it :D

joking no offense :)

Downswings like that are standard but it hurts the most while building your br when you really need run good to stay motivated and move up.
      Nice to see you took it so well, now it's only going up!
    • alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Gold
      Innovative signature it is i must say, how long did you spend contemplating about it

it took me some time :D

thanks for the kind words and i hope it will go up too
    • alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Gold
      so march started well.i am up 20 BI in 100 games.i hope i can keep this way

and one hand from today session
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 7 Tournament, 25/50 Blinds (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP1 (t1035)
      Hero (MP2) (t1160)
      MP3 (t1515)
      CO (t1335)
      Button (t1765)
      SB (t1745)
      BB (t1915)
      UTG (t1605)
      UTG+1 (t1425)

Hero's M: 15.47

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:club: , K:diamond:
      1 fold, UTG+1 bets t150, 1 fold, Hero calls t150, 5 folds

Flop: (t375) 5:diamond: , J:heart: , J:spade: (2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets t200, UTG+1 calls t200

Turn: (t775) J:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

River: (t775) J:club: (2 players)
      UTG+1 bets t1075 (All-In), Hero calls t810 (All-In)

Total pot: t2395

Results:
      UTG+1 had K:club: , K:heart: (four of a kind, Jacks).
      Hero had A:club: , K:diamond: (four of a kind, Jacks).
      Outcome: Hero won t2395
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Wow... I am totally shocked by awesomeness of villain line!