The most amazing comback

• poker880888
      poker880888
      Silver
      Made ITM in a fixed limit freeroll and was on 510 chips with about 140 players left. I pushed my KJ hit a pair and managed to win ~2k chips. Next hand I pushed AQs and got my flush on the river. I had about 18K at this point. Next hand my pocket tens turned to trips and got called down to the river by 2 other players and ended up with 60K! My luck ran out when some fish hit his ace on the river and I came 42nd but it was a great run :D

Surely this is the most outrageously lucky comeback ever? Anyone else experienced this?
  • 6 replies
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      well I have came 2nd after being down to 1/2 bb when was like 25 players left in one tournament (about 2k runners if I remember correctly) .

P.S.
      Players arent fishes just because they hit something against you...
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      well i have tried some thing like that in actually2 freerolls too ;p About 1 or 2 week ago.

I was playing my gus style, and at first i threw like 7 out of the freeroll or something like that, after - there started to get pauses very often, and i slowed down. Well not for long, after about 15 hands i started playing maniac again, and threw maybe 3 more out, and was sitting with about 28k, placed nr 3 in freeroll out of 750 approx. Another break, and then i just kept throwing people out, and i remember at a time i had 140k, with nr2 about 30k ;D And suddenly my luck ran out.
      Got down to about 4k chips with blinds @ 400/800. Then i waited - what felt like a decade, but i dont think i was much more than 12-16 hands, and won like 3-4 allin in streak, and ketting back on track pushing all around. Then when there was 18 left, and i had 384k, and with position on the chipleader with 400k, i got an ugly hand i played really bad. But i guess i was set up'd by almost everyone, waiting to bust me.

I have KQo in botton, chipleader try stealing with 3.5x raise, i reraise, and BB and cl calls. FLop 24K all hearts, i have Q of heart, they both check, i potbet (pot is 50k), and get 2 calls, turn a 6 of spades, i check, trying to trap, bb check, cl bets half pot, i go INSANT all in. bb fold cl thinks for a decade, and then calls, showing very surpriced to me a set of 44. And so it wouldnt be more ugly, the river comes an Q.

And the day after i played, i did actually exactly the same as mentionend above, playing maniac, however with no big downswing, only up up up. And on finaltable i get J5 and ofc make stupid maniac raise, flop 24J, i just go all in instant, he thinks and calls with QJ.

Well im tired, so this is probably described like SHIT.

But seriouiuiussly, i dont get why i can get away with this play so long in theese tours. a lots of 40 and 60 places with this style. I guess my luck is in theese freerolls ;D

BTw in freerolls, ALWAYS play K5s Q5s and J5s - in late stage ;D
    • poker880888
      poker880888
      Silver
      It's loose players like you that I despise ;) No matter how well I play I always wonder how people end up with 100k+ so fast! Usually I try to play a lot tighter, especially when I'm chips leader. I read a strategy about a week ago that advocated only playing AA KK and AK for the first hour and it's pretty solid advice. Sometimes I do tilt and play "gus" style and sometimes it pays off!

I'm clueless why you would play J5s in the late stages? The players that get there are usually tight as f*ck and I've come to the conclusion to never bluff! I find going all in with AK pre-flop works because a lot of people will call you with Ax and be losing. Likewise with AA or KK it's good to protect your hand and you do get people calling with weaker pairs or Ax's. The temptation to call all in with JJ is something that has taken me ages to learn NOT to do and loads of people will pay off your good cards if you wait.

Best of luck!
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      I won a final table with 1/4th a bb oO
    • poker880888
      poker880888
      Silver
      Originally posted by sufix645

P.S.
      Players arent fishes just because they hit something against you...
    • poker880888
      poker880888
      Silver
      Like a boss :)