CO: $10.00
      BTN: $3.38
      Hero (SB): $40.96
      BB: $9.80
      UTG: $10.00
      UTG+1: $29.78

Hero posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.20, CO posts DB $0.20

Pre Flop: ($0.50) Hero has J:club: 9:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, CO checks, BTN calls $0.20, Hero calls $0.10, BB checks

Flop: ($0.80, 4 players) Q:heart: 5:club: T:club:
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.40, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2.00, BB calls $1.60

Turn: ($4.80, 2 players) 5:spade:
      Hero checks, BB bets $4.80, fold

BB wins $4.56

what do you think about my plan on the flop?
      Vs this kind of players with 50bb stacks I wanted to go broke on the flop.
      I was thinking which line would be better... bet myself or x/r and go broke.
      Stats of player aren't very important so I don't paste.
      I'm just curiouse if I can go broke on this board with my draws?
  • 2 replies
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Silver
      Considering his check pre-flop and raising and calling on the flop I'd put him on A :club: x :club: , QT, KJ, KQ ( I think he would have raised with AJ, AK, AQ, AT pre-flop), 55. Being the big blind his range is wide but after raising a draw heavy board in an unraised pot I think you need to give his raise some credit and believe he has something. However if he had 55 he should have perhaps 3-Bet on the flop instead of calling to protect his hand. So I'd say A :club: x :club: , QT, KJ, KQ. Even against this range you have 45% equity.

Otherwise I don't think you should raise on an un-raised pot with draws. You do have a monster draw but still I feel its best to call using odds. If you raise the flop weak hands will fold and won't pay you off and against stronger hand s you're not ahead since you only have a draw at the moment. You don't have initiative or position and you raise an unraised pot with a combo draw I think would not be the best move here. Call the flop and get a cheap look at the turn and river. Fire after completing your draw. I think that should be the line taken for these kind of hands.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

Against those small stacks I guess I'd just Bet/Bet myself since you will rarely have much fold equity anyways here. :) But as played seems to be fine, doubt that you can do a lot on the turn while we don't even know what outs are clean for us.

Best Regards.