This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Bankroll / Table Min.

• Deflect
      Deflect
      Basic
      So let's say I want to start making money playing poker.

What would be the general table to play in with x amount of money in my bankroll.

Let's say 25 dollars for example.

Also, what would you guys suggest be a good bankroll to start with and what would be better to start off with to build your bankroll; cash games or sit n go.

Thanks a lot.
  • 5 replies
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Deflect
      So let's say I want to start making money playing poker.

What would be the general table to play in with x amount of money in my bankroll.

Let's say 25 dollars for example.

Also, what would you guys suggest be a good bankroll to start with and what would be better to start off with to build your bankroll; cash games or sit n go.

Thanks a lot.
      Firstly you need to decide what kind of games you want to play.

I suggest you read through these articles, they'll explain the basic strategy to you and also reccomend the bankroll management for playing them:

CASH:
      SSS
      MSS
      BSS

SnGs

MTTs
    • Deflect
      Deflect
      Basic
      Well, I want to play Texas Hold 'Em and Sit n Go, no limit.

Also, for SnG it says that you should play 1 dollar no rake if you have 100 dollars or less.

I mean, wouldn't that be a really slow process to increase your bankroll?
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      well you get about $5 for first in a 10-seater, thats 5% of your roll, once you've won 10 you'll have increased your roll by 50%.

When you're starting off, its not about boosting your bankroll, its about boosting your skills.

Pick a the type of games you want to play and study and practice. If your doing it right, your bankroll will increase naturally ;)
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Deflect
      Well, I want to play Texas Hold 'Em and Sit n Go, no limit.

Also, for SnG it says that you should play 1 dollar no rake if you have 100 dollars or less.

I mean, wouldn't that be a really slow process to increase your bankroll?
      Beginning of poker is really slow.. :(

Thats why only the most disciplined get out of the micros.

SnGs are very tilting..so good luck, you'll need it.
    • harry121
      harry121
      Basic
      Maintaining a healthy poker bankroll is crucial in ensuring your success as a poker player. A common problem that many players run into is playing and betting above what their bankroll can handle.