betdraw

• betdraw
      betdraw
      Bronze
      Helo, I am Mihail ( translated into Michael in english somehow). I am playing for a couple of months now(cash) and I am pretty much break even. That is the main reason why I've decided to start with this course (hopefully I am not tooo late). I am playing now nl10 sh but I thnik that I will start from scratch and follow the course from lesson 1 because my game is not even close to what I want it to be (beating nl10 with confidence). Also can you advice me if I should continue with sh or go back to fr (because the course is mainly fr) and then in the end change again to sh (it is more interesting and fun for me).
  • 2 replies
    • betdraw
      betdraw
      Bronze
      Homework 1:

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker? (Be as vague or specific as you want with this one, but try to think of all the reasons and elaborate on them.)

- right now the only motivation I have is the freedom that someday I might achieve financial freedom by doing something i enjoy.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker? (What are the mistakes you know you are making during your games? Are you playing while you're tired? Are you tilting easily? Want to see the showdown too much? Write down as many as you think are affecting you.)

- my main weakness is that I can not focus enough and always do other stuff while playing. That is why it often happens to make wrong decisions and lose money beacause of them. Also another weakness is that I can't really start to engage in learning poker. It is hard for me to sit down read articles, watch videos and post hands, that is the main reason I started this course.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive? (Describe in your own words what playing tight aggressive is and why does it work.)

This poker style is known for the narrow range of hands that we play pre-flop and the reason being is that we want to get on the flop with a better equity hand than our opponents. Also when hit the board we play aggressive to build the pot and maximise our winnings.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed by posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you lose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

Also I see you lack a lot of motivation. You kind of distract many different things while you playing poker. But try to remind yourself that what you are doing while you playing poker? You are trying to earn money and get better there. How it's the most effective way to do that? Of course concentrate more. The more you will concentrate and more will remind & practice it you will get better with time. :) So start already now and maybe even write on paper "I MUST CONCENTRATE!".

Also reading articles & videos might be boring or make you sleepy or whatsoever but you don't have to read all it, try maybe reading few pages till you have interest in it and continue another way. ;) Or for example try posting hands, that helps also a lot in your improvements.

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course.