This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH top pair on drawy board

• BogdanDr
      BogdanDr
      Bronze
      On Game No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (6 handed) - On Game Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($23.52)
      CO ($15.59)
      Button ($28.81)
      Hero (SB) ($28.48)
      BB ($20)
      UTG ($19.70)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, J
      2 folds, CO bets $0.60, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.50, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.40) J, 8, 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70

Turn: ($2.80) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

River: ($7.80) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $7, Hero

villan vpip/pfr/af/wtsd/hands
      15/10/3.1/26/1.2k

After a small CB on this board I asume he didn't hit much and I just called to keep his worse hands in play. '
      On the turn he bets pot and I don't know exactly if he has a monster or he read weakness in my call and now decides to bluff putting me on a draw.
      On the river I have the same problem as on the turn, when he pots it again after I check to him.
      Should this be a fold or a call in your opinion?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would prefer leading there instead of playing guessing game. If I take your line I would call him down, since only better hand that point I have sets that I might not have played that way, so I need to protect my c/c range (If I would c/f AJ that point, what hands would I really call him down?- if answer is only sets, then he can barrel me relentlessly by any 2 cards)

best regards,