Hey!

• 14 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi verneer,

Welcome to our community!

Where are you from then? Have you passed our quiz yet or still studying?

The reason why you're having trouble posting pictures is because you're still have the basic status. It'll change once you accumulate 1StrategyPoints or receive your free $50 starting capital. :)

Let us know how you get on
      Ingrid
    • verneer
      verneer
      Bronze
      Thanks! I am American and not able to deposit through PokerStrategy. I was hoping to discuss some strategy on the forums though.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      phew :rolleyes: that's another story then!

So, which part are you from? I also lived/studied in NY for a few years.

You can take the article quiz's which you'll find in almost every article you read to help you build your knowledge, however you won't be able to benefit from the free $50 starting capital. :(

You can start off reading all the basic articles and move up the ladder by purchasing a new status here.

What limits/game type do you play? Tell us a little more about you and we'll be able to help you further on!

Don't be shy :) forum is very friendly!
      Ingrid
    • verneer
      verneer
      Bronze
      I have traditionally played micro and low stakes, but specialize in poker education. I have over 100 micro/small stakes videos on a training site (where I keep a popular blog) aimed at helping micro players build bankrolls and move up in limits.

My own results have been steady across 10NL - 200NL:

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/9283/agraph2.jpg

So I mostly want to get oriented around this site and get to know your community so I can help the members navigate the early stages of play :)
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi verneer,

glad to see some folks from the states finally being around here:-)

There are several ways to get involved in our site:
      * you are invited to participate in our strategy-,hand- and coaching discussions at any given time - and we of course invite every member to take part, no matter if pro or beginner. The only slight problem that you will encounter is that we currently do not have active partner rooms that allow play from the US.
      This would mean that you can not reach a higher status and only participate in the basic discussions, the basic coaching sessions etc. unless you are willing to buy a status.

*However we also have another way to propose to you:
      We have a team of coaches that help us to build our content offer - videos, strategy articles, doing hand evaluations etc.
      They are of course paid for their services and as coaches have access to all learning material on our site.
      On top of that they can freely advertise their own private coaching sessions to members, which we do not allow normal members.
      Should you be interested in that we would gladly invite you to drop us a message to coach@pokerstrategy.com to discuss details of a beneficial collaboration!

SvenBe/Gibraltar
      PokerSchool Manager
    • verneer
      verneer
      Bronze
      Will do - thanks!
    • michel2311
      michel2311
      Bronze
      Hi Verneer,

Welcome here!!!! I'm a regular follower of your blog on CR. Very interesting stuff to read almost a must read for everyone. Also have a printed version of "Moving up through µNL in 2010" on my pedestal cupboard!!! Really glad to see you here.

Hope that in the future I can make some use of your knowledge. :f_biggrin:
    • verneer
      verneer
      Bronze
      Thanks Michel!
    • angeleskarl0098
      angeleskarl0098
      Basic
      Hi verneer !

Welcome to the PS Forum! Hope that you'll learn more strategies here in PS! Goodluck! :D
    • morris979
      morris979
      Bronze
      Hi Verneer. I'm from the UK and had a cardrunners subscription a couple of years ago or so. Do you still make videos there? I've only just returned to the game after a break (still in the micros :f_biggrin: ) but I remember watching a series you did there which was very helpful called Crushing the Micros or something similiar.
      Anyway looking forward to your posts in the micro forums and I hope things get sorted over there sooner rather than later so you can play again.
    • trickybob
      trickybob
      Bronze
      Hi.

Saw your name pop up earlier in a thread - are you the regular 2+2 poster?

If so you will be very useful to have around here.

But, either way, welcome.
    • verneer
      verneer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by morris979
      Hi Verneer. I'm from the UK and had a cardrunners subscription a couple of years ago or so. Do you still make videos there? I've only just returned to the game after a break (still in the micros :f_biggrin: ) but I remember watching a series you did there which was very helpful called Crushing the Micros or something similiar.
      Anyway looking forward to your posts in the micro forums and I hope things get sorted over there sooner rather than later so you can play again.
      Yes - I just passed the century mark for videos there! In fact, I just recorded two sessions at 4NL and 10NL to get a better sense of how those play on Merge. I'll tell you that the overall level of play at the micros has gotten much better over the years but it's still a very beatable place with great learning opportunities.
    • verneer
      verneer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by trickybob
      Hi.

Saw your name pop up earlier in a thread - are you the regular 2+2 poster?
      Yes I am.

If so you will be very useful to have around here.

But, either way, welcome.
      Thanks and thanks!
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Welcome to ps :)