[NL2-NL10] 45s NL2 FR - missed river value

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      I don't really think I can b/f here so its b/broke and hope he has a passively played trips?

I put villain on a draw 9T / FD as I figured he probably would have played trips, sets and FH's faster on the turn and river.

I didn't like the idea of getting c/rai'd all in on the river. Too passive?

PokerStars - €0.02 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

SB: €1.48
      BB: €1.64 41/11/2.7/27/140
      UTG: €1.70
      UTG+1: €0.61
      MP: €1.97
      MP+1: €1.37
      Hero (CO): €2.63
      BTN: €1.49

SB posts SB €0.01, BB posts BB €0.02

Pre Flop: (€0.03) Hero has 4:heart: 5:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to €0.08, fold, fold, BB calls €0.06

Flop: (€0.17, 2 players) 8:diamond: 7:spade: A:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets €0.12, BB calls €0.12

Turn: (€0.41, 2 players) A:heart:
      BB checks, Hero bets €0.27, BB calls €0.27

River: (€0.95, 2 players) 6:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero checks

BB shows 9:spade: 8:spade: (Two Pair, Aces and Eights) (Pre 63%, Flop 90%, Turn 93%)
      Hero shows 4:heart: 5:heart: (Straight, Eight High) (Pre 37%, Flop 10%, Turn 7%)
      Hero wins €0.91
  • 7 replies
    • verneer
      verneer
      Bronze
      Why cant you bet/fold the river? As played, it seems like you kept putting money into the pot without a hand and then put no money in when you made a hand.

Time for a change in strategy :)

I'm kidding around, but I understand how you feel about not wanting to be check/raised. Still - You've gotta bet the river once you get there - plenty of worse hands (Ax, 8x, 99-QQ, etc) will call you.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello muel294,

You can't represent much anymore on the turn after the 2nd Ace homes there. So really bad spot to pick the 2nd barrel line there and especially so small, doubt that you would ever Bet with an Ace so small. ;)

Best Regards.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      I know it's hard for me to have an ace but my thinking on the turn is that I would never check an ace on the turn there. If I do barrell I should b/f about 2/3 or more?

If I check turn and villain bets am I only c/c'ing for the right price and c/f the rest of the time? I think its hard for me to have good implied's here if I am c/c'ing and might even have some reverse implied odds also.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I know it's hard for me to have an ace but my thinking on the turn is that I would never check an ace on the turn there. If I do barrell I should b/f about 2/3 or more?

Well, do you have the Ace?

If I check turn and villain bets am I only c/c'ing for the right price and c/f the rest of the time? I think its hard for me to have good implied's here if I am c/c'ing and might even have some reverse implied odds also.

So? If we Check then let it be, why do you want to win every single pot? Standard line for me I'd say even, no way I am going to double barrel there ever while you can't represent practically anything there.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Oh of course I know I dont have an ace, but I felt like I could represent one by barreling the turn.

I know with the second Ace appearing on the turn it makes it less likely that I have one, but not impossible.

Am I always giving up here regardless of whether to board is wet or dry? In hindsight vs this opponent, he will probably never fold any pair that he called the flop with.

But against an tighter opponent who can fold and may float me can I consider a 2nd barrell?

I dont mind giving up on these sorts of turns and I frequently do. I just like to get an idea of what lines to take in different spots and vs different opponents.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      It's NL2, he is never giving up most of the hands which he called on the flop. :)
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      lol :) I will try to keep it simples