UTG+1 ($12.96)
      Hero ($18.32)
      BTN ($10)

Dealt to Hero 4:heart: A:heart:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, fold, fold, BB calls $0.30

FLOP ($1.25) 4:diamond: 7:club: A:spade:

BB checks, UTG+1 bets $0.93, Hero calls $0.93, BB calls $0.93

TURN ($4.04) 4:diamond: 7:club: A:spade: 8:spade:

BB checks, UTG+1 bets $3.03, Hero raises to $7.10, BB folds, UTG+1 raises to $11.63 (AI), Hero calls $4.53

Pf its standard call, since guys behind me aint that 3b happy, and with A4s I want to have MW pot,since am aining more on flush and straights than to extract value from Axx boards.
      those are c/call I guess.
      flop brings me 2 pair and its standard cbet from MP.
      I was debating to raise here, but since flop was pretty dry I wanted to have guy behind in pot as well, and give em chance to hit something.
      I am not sure about this part tbh.
      Maybe raising and get it in vs AK, AQ type hands would be more correct.
      But worst that that aint calling raise ethere and its pretty small part of hes range.
      Turn is 8s which open many draws(FD+SD, and possbiel SF draw).
      Villain decided to 2nd barre and I rose him.
      I was so confused about bet size here,since I didnt want to jam it in, but min raising ethere.
      Problx 2.5x of hes would be ok, but it ended up little less.
      He 3b shove and I couldnt fold here anymore.
      Hes pusing range is mostly for value so its pretty much narrow, with exception of 9Ts which is semi bluf.
      So its : 77,88,87s,87o,AA, 44, and maybe AK

Board: 7dAs4c8s
      Equity Win Tie
      MP2 62.07% 62.07% 0.00% { Ah4h }
      MP3 37.93% 37.93% 0.00% { AA, 88-77, 44, AKs, T9s, 87s, AKo, 87o }

if we take some hands out, for example : AK and 9Ts we are exactly flippin, so no fold ether.

Is there any way to play this hand any other way?

• 2 replies
    • verneer
      I call the turn a lot in this spot. Villain has plenty of better hands (sets, straight) and I expect him to be able to fold a good one-pair hand (like AK or AQ) that you are ahead of when you raise the turn.

Also, once villain bets the turn into two others, he seems really strong. When you raise, you seem EVEN stronger. Thus, you are likely to get action from only better hands.
    • veriz
      Hello oskrgy,

Preflop: You didn't say anything about UTG, you don't have any plan for postflop, you don't mention any stats from the opponent. So I can't really see how you can play the hand profitable and it can be standard Call? Your Ace is often dominated and you just make mistakes with it.

As played
      Postflop: If you raise the turn then it's usually 100x time stronger move than raising it on the flop. So if you even plan to raise then do it on the flop than turn! Especially such min-raise doesn't make sense at all. I would snap-fold there on turn any Ax hand. Afterwards as played obviously not much to add.

Best Regards.