This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl2 FR AKo

• KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.03
      UTG2:
      $1.06
      MP2:
      $5.99

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , K:diamond:
      UTG2 raises to $0.06, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.06, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.24.

Flop: ($0.68) 9:club: , 3:club: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.4, MP2 calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.48) 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

River: ($1.48) J:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: $1.48

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows (Tc 6c)
      Hero shows a pair of nines (As Kd)

Hero wins with a pair of nines (As Kd)

- Comments on pre bet sizing (I know I still suck at it :( )
      - How do I play this post flop on turn/river? Was completely at loss on how to play.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello KozakFB,

Usually it doesn't really make sense to CB here just once. Since you will rarely even have fold equity. ;) If you plan to CB then you should also consider 2barreling rather than just Check/Folding it on the turn and practically giving up.

Best Regards.
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello KozakFB,

Usually it doesn't really make sense to CB here just once. Since you will rarely even have fold equity. ;) If you plan to CB then you should also consider 2barreling rather than just Check/Folding it on the turn and practically giving up.

Best Regards.
      Hi veriz, like to ask you something. I agree with you that it's not such a good board for cbet. You said we have to shoot another barrel, so how much do you think we should bet on the turn? I'm not sure if half-pot has enough fold-equity, I think we have to shove to get him to fold. IMO, we should rather accept the cbet as a mistake and give up the hand.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yep, correct. ;) You should rather give up the hand right on flop after the Call. :) And yes, the CB would be really small.