This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Two similar situations that confused me. (Overcards hit the flop)

• MaxerMax
      MaxerMax
      Bronze
      0.05/0.15 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:club: , Q:heart: . MP2 posts a blind of $0.15.
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, MP2 checks, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, BB folds, MP1 calls $0.50, MP2 folds.

Flop: ($1.45) 5:diamond: , A:heart: , K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks.

I wasn't sure what to do here, with 2 overcards I figured I'd surrender the hand, but he didn't take it... so I decided to feeler out on the turn... but I was absolutely confused as of what to do with this hand. I'd really appreciate some help with this.

Turn: ($1.45) A:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, MP1 folds.

The second acemade me believe I actually DID have the best hand, so I put a feeler out to stop him from buying the pot from me, if he raised I was ready to muck the hand... again feedback is appreciated.

Final Pot: $2.15

and number 2:

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:heart: , T:diamond:
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 calls $0.10, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.60, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.45) A:spade: , 5:club: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.75, MP3 calls $0.75.

Tried a contibet since he checked. But I wasn't sure how much to bet, I figured half pot because I wanted to leave enough chips to fold to a raise. Correct betsize or incorrect... or maybe even my reasoning was incorrect.

Turn: ($2.95) 8:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.55, Hero raises to $0.55 (All-In).

River: ($4.05) Q:diamond:

He hit a Q from his QJ here. Ouch.

Final Pot: $4.05
  • 3 replies
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      I guess I would have decides on both hands, if I either push or give up the hand, since I´m pot committed any way.
    • MaxerMax
      MaxerMax
      Bronze
      looking back on the hands I think actually on the first hand I did the right thing checking the flop and the small bet on the turn might scare a conservative player holding a king more than an all in bet would, but I think an all in would have been acceptable.

On the second hand I think I should have pushed on the flop. There's more fold equity to draws and hands like KQ, KJ, KT, QJ, QT, etc. Plus it may seem like a bluff to someone who falls in love with their pocket pair or pair of 5s or 7s.

Live and learn.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      easy push flop for me (both)