UTG ($38.36)
      UTG+1 ($41.78)
      UTG+2 ($28.20)
      MP1 ($13.64)
      MP2 ($20.71)
      CO ($26.82)
      BTN ($35.32)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: J:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.80, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.60

FLOP ($1.70) J:diamond: 2:spade: K:diamond:

Hero bets $1.20, CO raises to $3.40, Hero raises to $11.90, CO folds

Hero shows K:heart: J:club:

raise correct or i rather isolate myself against sets?

CO 17/15/2.9/278 VP/PFR/AgF/hands
      77/67/5/33 CB/fcBet/3b/f3b
      37/24/13 steal/WTSD/W$SD
  • 8 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello AxsisHalon,

I have to ask you to start posting into higher limit evaluation section. 'Cause this board is till NL10 only.

Preflop: Why do you Call? What's the plan with the hand? How do you think you are able to play it profitable?
      Postflop: Why do you donk? He has high CB, why didn't you let him CB?

Best Regards.
    • AxsisHalon
      AxsisHalon
      Bronze
      Sorry about posting here nl20, I wont do that anymore.
      good question u asked, shame on me as i can not answer them :(
      poor fishy got lucky this time :(
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by AxsisHalon
      Sorry about posting here nl20, I wont do that anymore.
      good question u asked, shame on me as i can not answer them :(
      poor fishy got lucky this time :(
      Just try to answer them. :) There is no wrong, we can always correct.
    • AxsisHalon
      AxsisHalon
      Bronze
      ok lets do this :)
      I limp KJ form BB coz i saw him stealing with loose range 37%. now i think i should raise him to get initiative, as i would be oop postflop.
      my limp from BB could suggest low pps, which r usally limped for set mining.
      I hit strong hand on the flop (but very vulnerable) and I dicided to donk( value/protection- he has 77% CB, but it doesnt mean he wont play his draw, which he was very likely to hold, passively). I didnt want to see on later streets any diamond, 9's,Q's, A's which might complete his draws and I would have to make tought decision what to do later on as i was OOP. i got raised and with only 20 secs:) i decided to 4 bet or even shove on the flop if i got reraised again, for same reasons as above. in the worse case i would play against 22 or Qd10d, or JJ KK less likely as i had blockers
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      If your postflop skills ain't good and neither you don't know much about the opponent then playing such hands as just Call and hoping for hit is pure donation the money to the opponent. Most likely you also putting yourself into marginal spots while playing it OOP.

You already talking against yourself there. :) He has a REALLY HIGH CB so for me it's a standard Check/Raise situation.
    • AxsisHalon
      AxsisHalon
      Bronze
      now I got ya. donk/4bet here turned my hand into bluff :) as i dont wanna be called by stronger hands and I usually be called exactly by these hands.
      what's the correct plan?
      3bet/fold pre flop if i wanna resteal? and see what happens on the flop
      or call preflop, then check/raise if I hit or check/fold if I dont

as played: donk/call would be much better? then donk/4bet which is bluff

btw is the donk bet a weak move by definition? or sometimes it's worth to play such move?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Usually against unknown it's much easier to play 3bet/Fold and avoid the postflop play being OOP and not having very good knowledge.

as played: donk/call would be much better? then donk/4bet which is bluff

No it wouldn't make sense, if you donk then 4bet/go-broke and protect your hand. I am not going to give him free cards with his draws.

btw is the donk bet a weak move by definition? or sometimes it's worth to play such move?

Only when we know the opponent that he doesn't CB very often.
    • AxsisHalon
      AxsisHalon
      Bronze
      so my play here had some sense, but i didnt exactly know what I was doing, and agaisnt that opponent, correct play was: check/raise on flop as he had 75%Cbet. ok got ya. thx
      I really need to work on reading and understanding propely HUD stats, I've been using HUD just for a month ;/