Biggest cash, still feel bad :X

• martoman2k10
      martoman2k10
      Bronze
      heyaz, don't really play MTTs but today I luckboxed a final table in a $500 freeroll.

Payout structure being:

1st - $60
      2nd - $50
      3rd - $42.50

I was BB, nearly auto all in when BU(biggest stack) shoved and the middle stack snapped him off. I folded but in hindsight, considering the payout structure, I think I should've called with my JTo seeing as I was basically freerolling. I folded for some reason and ended up crippled after the big stack lost the pot.

but yeah, this 3rd is my biggest cash ever haha :f_biggrin:
  • 5 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      hi martoman2k10, very well done on the cash! :s_cool:

It's always an odd feeling wehn you cash big and crash out. You feel great, then disappointed, then great again! :D

But seriously, well done! Oh and try to get used to the feeling for us please?

See you here again soon with a 1st! :s_biggrin:

Best regards,

Mal.
    • martoman2k10
      martoman2k10
      Bronze
      Just came 2nd in a £500 freeroll :)

last hand was 33 < 99 with very shallow stacks (I was 5 BB, he was 15) for a long time.

Now this is my biggest cash, little over $100 :D

Overall, my bankroll spread out was $300 and I've now made like half of that ($145.80) on top in the last 3 freerolls I played - went deep in all 3.

Enjoying the progress but I still don't feel like MTTs are a game for me, enjoy the odd freeroll here and there though :P
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi again martoman2k10,

Not much I can say to that except; 'Er, well done, still feel bad then?' :D :D

Truth is I'm not a MTT player either, too frustrating for me, but I do like freerolls! :s_biggrin:

Keep shipping it!

Mal.
    • martoman2k10
      martoman2k10
      Bronze
      It was good, basically played chilled out without distracting myself. My sis and her BF are visiting for a week and we were all in the living room, I was playing on my laptop ;)

Having my dad next to me actually helped me, he's got a basic understanding of poker and I had to break down plays and explain the kind of ranges that someone should be playing(to my knowledge, of course). Also explained ICM implications that arose and why overcalling with QJo with two players AI isn't the best play haha :D

I kinda feel disappointed because I didn't win it but hey, overall I don't think I made a single significant mistake. Remember thinking at the start of the tournament, after having lost a 3rd of my stack in the 1st 4 minutes, "what the $^&! am I doing". I've been in the situation before and I followed a good advice I heard recently on here - "give yourself the chance to get lucky"

Just remember it's a marathon and not a sprint guys eh :P
    • martoman2k10
      martoman2k10
      Bronze
      Managed to get two final tables yesterday for freerolls, 9th in both of them... ffs

still, $20 profits, ship itttttttttttt haha