SB ($25)
      BB ($25)

Preflop: Hero is BU with AQ
      UTG raises $1.00, 6 folds, Hero…?

Fold (1 Points)
      Call (3 Points)
      3-bet (1 Points)

Your answer --- (0 Points)

With AQ on the button, you can also make a call. The hand is good, but you still can't 3-bet it for value.

A 3-bet bluff is possible as the card removal effect kicks in with this hand. However, you should try to play this hand in position.

Questions:
      1.in starting hands chart,should fold AQ,BUT this answer says call is better than fold,is this because this quiz is NL25,and starting hands chart is according to novice
      2.if take AQ exchange into AJ or AT?
  • 2 replies
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Those are mainly just basic guidelines. Given UTG is 13/10 NIT im folding in this spot since im 45% against his 10% pfr which is probably even lower when he opens up utg. Actually i fold AQo and call AQs.

Now on the other hand if the UTG happens to be a 60/40 fish then AQ does really good against him since his opening up any A. Against that type of player you can call ATs+ and AJo+ since you will be dominating him more often then your dominated yourself.

So like everything else in poker, this type of spot is also player dependant. Just try to think about how hands do against different opening ranges and then make the best possible decision.
    • wangwei520
      wangwei520
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MatejM47
      Those are mainly just basic guidelines. Given UTG is 13/10 NIT im folding in this spot since im 45% against his 10% pfr which is probably even lower when he opens up utg. Actually i fold AQo and call AQs.

Now on the other hand if the UTG happens to be a 60/40 fish then AQ does really good against him since his opening up any A. Against that type of player you can call ATs+ and AJo+ since you will be dominating him more often then your dominated yourself.

So like everything else in poker, this type of spot is also player dependant. Just try to think about how hands do against different opening ranges and then make the best possible decision.
      Hi,MatejM47
      thanks for your answers
      I also dont understand your words" since im 45% against his 10% pfr which is probably even lower when he opens up utg. "what is 45%?