WinningFISH

• WinningFISH
      WinningFISH
      Bronze
      Hi friends, I am very excited to start the course!

I am living in London and have been playing poker for past 2 years, just started playing seriously as i am planning to get my living expenses during through it, i am doing my masters degree right now and can play 20-40hrs per week.
      I was winning in play money games, so started real money and won $200 on my 1st day (50NL Heads-Up, beginners luck i guess), and that made me serious about poker, after that lost around $300 in 50NL HU, and then started to read and learn about poker, bought HM2, SnG Wiz, Tounament indicator to improve my play.

I tried many formats of SnG's (DoN, $1 Super-turbo, Fifty50) and i like slower speeds as i have more time to build my stack, and i finally settled on $3 Turbo.

I have been playing $3 Turbo SnG and have played around 79 of them with a ROI of 52.7% and 43% ITM finish .
      Finish Position summary-
      1st- 20.
      2nd-6
      3rd-8
      4th(Bubble)-14
      -i think i need to improve my bubble play, or is it normal to get out in bubble 14 times out of 79?

I read forums and have read that this ROI is very high and is probably luck.
      can anyone tell me what can be a reasonable long term ROI?

I think cash require much more skill then SnG because of hand reading and you can play the same opponents for long, and are don't have to play coin-flip situations which i have to play during high-blinds in SnG.

Following are my results graph

Cash results graph [ -ve showdown winnings :( ]
      Big dip & recovery at start because i was frustrated and sat on PLO cash table with $50 and played like a maniac.

Touney results
      (79 of $3 Turbo SnG, rest are $1 Super turbo, Many DoN and Fifty50 initially, was loosing in them)

Luck-adjusted tournament results

Can someone help me with luck-adjusted winning? what does it mean?, I am worried because huge difference between my actual and luck-adjusted winnings, is it negative just because of steals at high blinds?

I am very confused between cash and SnG, i think cash is lower variance and requires more skill but the my win-rate in cash (/hr) is very low compared to SnG, and it seems hard even to beat the micro levels. Should i make the transition to cash or stay in SnG?

sorry about the long post, hope someone gets the time to read it.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck WinningFISH,

Unfortunately I can't help you out with the SnG things as bubble game & question about ROI. Cause this is a cash game course. :P

Most likely I would also say that cash games are more tougher cause you mostly will play 100BB+ if you play BSS and a lot more difficult situations may occur. While in SnGs you also must know how to play 10-20BB and etc. They are really different from each other.

Most likely that's the reason you have positive non-showdown winning because you play like a maniac. :) But try to learn the basic ABC at first glance.

Can someone help me with luck-adjusted winning? what does it mean?, I am worried because huge difference between my actual and luck-adjusted winnings, is it negative just because of steals at high blinds?

Just open the FAQ of HEM and find it out, I am pretty sure they talk about that there. :) Or post into SnG forums.

I am very confused between cash and SnG, i think cash is lower variance and requires more skill but the my win-rate in cash (/hr) is very low compared to SnG, and it seems hard even to beat the micro levels. Should i make the transition to cash or stay in SnG?

Wouldn't say lower variance, depends what you play of course. :) Just stick to what you like the most and what you see make you more money. Try to learn one specific thing first and then if you can handle it switch to some other.

Hopefully you will enjoy around here. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, we will be around for you. Meanwhile good luck on tables, we will be waiting for your homework.

You can now start with your 1st Lesson:
      Lesson #1

The whole course plan:
      Overview of Beginners Course

Best Regards.