This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 JTo

• mayapnd
      mayapnd
      Bronze
      IPoker Network $4.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1620963
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $4.11
      BB: $2.15
      UTG: $5.40
      Hero (CO): $5.55
      BTN: $7.50

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero is CO with J :club: T :heart:
      UTG calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.16, 3 folds, UTG calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.38) 9 :heart: T :club: K :spade: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.28, UTG calls $0.28

Turn: ($0.94) K :club: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.60, UTG calls $0.60

River: ($2.14) 3 :heart: (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.32, Hero ?

UTG is 72/0 after 33 hands, fold to flop cbet 20%(5 hands), turn cbet 0%(2 hands).

I isoraise w JTo from CO (a bit too lose?).
      On the flop I think he will call his worse Jx, Qx, smaller pockets, random 9x, Ax etc, and i also have a gutshot. After the turn K hits he's less likely to hold a K so i think I'm ahead a lot here so i def value bet again. On the river he bets small, and I've seen fish do this to induce aswell as seeing a cheap showdown with maybe some pocket pair that called to the river (66+?).
      Do we miss value by calling this? I think if we raise we probably only get called by Kx, AT, QQ, a set and only something like T8 (if even) that we beat. I think we can also only fold TQ that beats us here.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello mayapnd,

Well, I'd ask you why do you 2nd barrel the turn? :) What's the idea of it. Rather Check it behind and be happy to get a free card. But as played just Call for the given odds.

Best Regards.
    • mayapnd
      mayapnd
      Bronze
      Well, I gave him a very wide range and I tought i might even get value from gutshots/some pocket pairs on turn aswell, i guess i was wrong? :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by mayapnd
      Well, I gave him a very wide range and I tought i might even get value from gutshots/some pocket pairs on turn aswell, i guess i was wrong? :D
      Not worth picking such a thin value there. ;)