sng's heads up

• vander32
      vander32
      Bronze
      Im mainly a 6max micro stakes cash grinder but the other day i decided to play $5 heads up sng's and did really well. Does anyone know much about sng's heads up strategy? and would you need similar amount of buyins as you would for cash tables for a bankroll? really interested to get into this as I can see myself making tons of money, i think. any feedback would be great.
      Thanks
  • 6 replies
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      I don't want to spoil any hopes and dreams you might have but 1 game at the $5 level is not decisive at all of what you may or may not achieve.

For a start there are tons of videos here at ps. You can watch HU cash videos as much as HU sng as they are fairly similar at the psychological level.

Edit: I'm sorry I read that wrong. Somehow I read that you played 1 game. Either way, argument still stands. Good luck
    • daun666
      daun666
      Bronze
      Bankroll is dependent on format you play - regulars, turbo or superturbo.
      For low stakes regulars imo 20bi is enought, for turbos 25bi, superturbos 50bi if you are willing to move down. As you get higher incrase bi.
    • Karl0zzz
      Karl0zzz
      Bronze
      Book written about at the subject "Heads-Up No-Limit Hold 'em" by Collin Moshman
    • vander32
      vander32
      Bronze
      thanks for replies will look into it
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      you go busto 100% if you play super turbo with 50 BI.

But generally people use 20-30 BI's for headsup sng's. What's more important is.. at how many buyins won't you care about losing them (tilt because of losing). That's the amount you should have you brm at if you ask me.

personally i tilt much faster if i lose a couple of buyins with 15 bi brm then i do with 40.
    • vander32
      vander32
      Bronze
      OK cool thanks for feedback. Been trying out the normal,turbo and super turbo on $2 hu sng's with $50 as bankroll and seem to be doing ok. Also im probably going to staying away from the super turbo as its higher variance.